Start-up EB1501P with remote controller
I'm considering to buy a remote control for XBMC on Win7-64 Asus EB1501P. Logitech Harmony series is the preferred solution at the moment but as far as I have understood it's not possible to start EB1501P with it. Is this possible with other remote controls?

Thanks in advances for your answers
In BIOS I don't have a "wake up on USB" setting but just a "wake on LAN" or "wake on PME" but I think I couldn't associate that with a remote control. So far I believe a good solution will be a Logitech Di Novo Mini as remote control/keyboard which doesn't even require complex settings.
I owned such an EEEBOX in the past and it was perfectly possible to start it up with a remote.
Its internal IR sensor is hooked to the power button, therefore allowing it to cold start from a complete shutdown (except the very first time after plugging in the power, it seems).
This is what makes it different from other IR sensors that are just hooked to a USB port: these only allow to wake your PC from standby or hibernate mode.
Thank you!! I've just ordered the original controller so I hope it will work smoothly... In the end I've bought also a logitech di novo mini to use it as a bluetooth keyboard!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start-up EB1501P with remote controller0