Win Introducing...my XBMC HTPC (and some questions :) )
After using Windows MCE for years I recently fell in love with XBMC and after getting to know XBMC I upgraded my HTPC to get completely satisfied with my setup Smile

My hardware:
Silverstone Grandia GD05B usb3.0 black
Asus F1A75-M mATX board
AMD A6-3500 CPU
2* 4GB Corsair memory
2* 2TB 7200RPM disks (only for DVD, HD movies and TV Shows)
1* 256GB Samsung SSD (OS)
1* 1TB (MP3, HD concerts, music videos and downloads)
Logitech Harmony Remote One

My software:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (so I can also RDP to my HTPC when listening to music etc.).
XBMC 11 + HD Audio Patch (12.0 nightly builds are not too stable unfortunately Sad )
SabNZBD

I'm using XBMC in combination with a 50" Samsung TV, Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver and Jamo S608 speakers (bi-amped).

This setup just really satisfies me and impresses (and a lot of other people Smile ).

The only thing I need some help with are the fans in my case. I have 3* 120mm fans (came with the case) and standard AMD cooler and I want to change those. I'm looking for fans that are every quiet for my case and for my CPU. The only thing that can be a problem is that I only have ~11cm space in height for another CPU fan.

So guys (and girls)...what 120mm fans and AMD F1 CPU cooler can you advise me to use?

Thanks!

Regards,
Marc.
Congrats Marc! I can't wait to get my hands on my new build tonight! I went with a barebones system, super stoaked! This seems to be a popluar fan...not sure if you have room in your case but check this one out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185174
(2012-09-10, 19:09)JoeBoyTexas Wrote: Congrats Marc! I can't wait to get my hands on my new build tonight! I went with a barebones system, super stoaked! This seems to be a popluar fan...not sure if you have room in your case but check this one out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185174

+1

and with the Shuriken,..you won't need case fans when using the A6 CPU

Hi Joe,

That was one of the CPU coolers I looked at the past few days Smile
Scythe also has case fans, but I'm not sure how good they are, maybe I wanna use Pabst fans like I did in the past...

Have fun with your barebone tonight (I can imagine how you feel Smile ).
Thanks Marc! I plan to get some pics up tonight as well.
(2012-09-10, 19:11)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-09-10, 19:09)JoeBoyTexas Wrote: Congrats Marc! I can't wait to get my hands on my new build tonight! I went with a barebones system, super stoaked! This seems to be a popluar fan...not sure if you have room in your case but check this one out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835185174

+1

and with the Shuriken,..you won't need case fans when using the A6 CPU

I do think I need one or 2. Its in a small part of a cabinet, so I really need to get any heat produced by my HTPC out of it Smile

With the 3 standard case fans (1200rpm) the board and cou are about 35 degree celsius. I think I will use 2 fan of 800-1000rpm....just to be sure Smile

Fo the CPU...I will get the Shuriken for sure!

(2012-09-10, 19:12)marc. Wrote: Hi Joe,

That was one of the CPU coolers I looked at the past few days Smile
Scythe also has case fans, but I'm not sure how good they are, maybe I wanna use Pabst fans like I did in the past...

Have fun with your barebone tonight (I can imagine how you feel Smile ).
The most silent case fan- SilenX EFX-12-12 120mm Case Fan .....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Introducing...my XBMC HTPC (and some questions :) )0