Win XBMC crashes every time windows 8 goes to sleep
As the title says, XBMC crashes every time Windows 8 goes to sleep. I have posted the debug log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8264

I am running XBMC on my primary computer, and this is the only program that has been having this issue since I installed windows 8. I have the full, final version of Windows 8 which I got legally through my university's DreamSpark Premium account. Another issue I've noticed is that Windows 8 does not follow my sleep and power saver settings. I have the computer set up to turn off the display after 20 minutes, and the power saving features in XBMC are turned off, but it likes to go to sleep after 1-2 min of inactivity. I am not sure if this is related to XBMC or not. Please let me know if there is any other information that you need. Thanks in advance.
I don't have an answer, but also have what might be an issue in Win8 RP. It seems like when I use the XBMC shutdown menu to force the PC into sleep, when it wakes up XBMC has problems. I also tried putting XBMC in the startup program folder and while it starts after boot, it has problems. I don't have any problem if I do a normal boot (I have Win8 set for hybrid shutdown) and then start XBMC from a metro start tile. I'm not sure if the problems I have are really in XBMC or in win8. Hoping someone with more experience about how sleep and wakeup work might have some ideas.

My goal is to have the PC set up so just a key click wakes it up in XBMC, or use just the hardware power button and again starts up with XBMC.

scott s.
Could you be more specific about your problems? I think the crash after wake-up may have to do with the way windows 8 does memory management with sleep/hibernate which are now combined in win8, but were separate in older versions. That or it might be a problem with the way windows 8 manages the gpu. At the moment, xbmc is the only program I run that has a menu to put the computer to sleep, so I have not been able to duplicate the issue outside of xbmc
Were you ever able to track this down? I'm having the exact same issue with Frodo RC3 and Windows 8.
haven't tried this yet but under power management disable hybrid sleep

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes every time windows 8 goes to sleep0