Win [HTPC] XBMC/Win7/1080pHD [-DONE!-]
Are you only using that machine for XBMC? if so anyreason you are not using a linux build like OpenELEC or XBMCbuntu. My OpenELEC build goes from powered off to watching a movie in under 20 seconds with a mechanical drive.
PC: Antec Fusion Remote BlackASUS PRIME B250M-A, Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake 3.9GHz, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-2400, LibreELEC
AV: Denon AVR-X3500H, CERWIN-Vega LS12, CERWIN-Vega E76C, Infinity TSS-450, Infinity Referance 2000.1, LG55"
I plan to use the htpc for xbmc only for now. But I want to keep my options open to light games.
Hence I'm using win7. Plus is familiar with windows. I never use openelec or linux. That scares me off a little aswell.
Linux is not really that scary, it has become very user-friendly in the last few years. But if you plan to do any amount of gaming, light or not, I would stick with Windows.
Just watched my first movie in full HD. The HTPC isnt even breaking a sweat lol. DTS works as intended via optical out.
Boot time is amazing! Even fater then my Game PC with a 256gb Samsung C830 SSD (wtf..).
I do need a fair amount of tuning in XBMC tho to make it all as i want to.
Im using the remote app for android on my Samsung Tab 10.1 wich is also amazing and works flawlessly.
So im not gonna be looking at a remote anytime soon. I however will buy a small keyboard mouse kombo to work in windows.

Well enough talk, lets post some pics !

So this is what i finally purchased:

Code:
Intel® Core™ i3-3225
Asus P8H77-M
Corsair 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kit Vengeance LP
Crucial CT064M4SSD2BAA (64Gb SSD)
be quiet! Pure PowerL7 350W
SilverStone SST-ML03B

Okay, so then install it all! Big Grin

All on the mobo, now thats the easy part.

Fitting it all nicely in the case was another story.
It all fits pretty good, but routing the not that flexible cables is an art.
Well i did the best i could, and i gotta say, im not unpleased.

Well Case Closed Wink

Ok, so now where at the part where im gonna see if i still have the skills to let
it bootup on the first try without any weird bleeps and beeps!
First shot, BullsEye! Ran like a puppy on wisky ^.^

Installing Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit in a blaze, WOW that SSD is FAST!!

And the Final Result, as smooth XBMC HTPC, wich plays 1080p MKV's and BluRays without breaking a sweat.
Just the thing i hoped for.

Here's a lil movie to see what i mean bij a fast ssd Wink.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAEI9rCdl...e=youtu.be

Looks great! Thanks for posting pics!
Zed's no moving parts HTPC
i3 2100, Thermalright Ultra 120 HS, 4GB DDR3, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, Z68 Mobo, Silverstone TJ08B-E Case, Seasonic 400FL PSU, Onkyo TX-SR608

Zed's Trinity uHTPC
A10 5700, Noctua NH-L9a HSF, 4GB DDR3, 64GB Crucial M4 SSD, MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mobo, Wesena ITX4 Case w/90W PSU

I'm about to build my new HTPC this weekend.

Did you follow any guide on what to install/tweak?
(2012-09-13, 15:06)embedded Wrote: I'm about to build my new HTPC this weekend.

No i didn't actually. Im pretty familiar with building and installing pc's, so it was kind of a routine for me.
Its pretty straight forward tho.

1. Build pc
2. Install windows
3. install newest drivers from manufacturer website for motherboard (sound/lan/chipset etc).
4. install videocard drivers from AMD or Nvidia website if your using a discrete graphicscard.
5. install XBMC and set it up.

(2012-09-13, 16:08)Lakigucci Wrote:

No i didn't actually. Im pretty familiar with building and installing pc's, so it was kind of a routine for me.

1. Build pc
2. Install windows
3. install newest drivers from manufacturer website for motherboard (sound/lan/chipset etc).
4. install videocard drivers from AMD or Nvidia website if your using a discrete graphicscard.

Thanks, I'm also familiar with building and installation pc's.
my question is: no codecs needed? only XBMC install?
(2012-09-13, 21:20)embedded Wrote:
(2012-09-13, 16:08)Lakigucci Wrote:

1. Build pc
2. Install windows

XBMC has all the codecs you will need.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
(2012-09-13, 22:26)DavidT99 Wrote:
(2012-09-13, 21:20)embedded Wrote:
(2012-09-13, 16:08)Lakigucci Wrote: No i didn't actually. Im pretty familiar with building and installing pc's, so it was kind of a routine for me.

1. Build pc
2. Install windows

XBMC has all the codecs you will need.

David

Except when you want to play 3D files, you need to configure some thing with external players i read somewhere.
Since i got a 3D tv i have to read myself into that to get it working. When i play a 3D iso now, it'll play in 2D.

@Embedded: What parts did you bought? Got your own build topic??
Guys, im having this weird problem with flashing subtitles while playing Bluray/mt2s files.
They vanisch in miliseconds. I read up its an current bug in XMBC 11. How did you guy's tackled this problem?
Do you use altered XBMC versions or external players to fix this issue or just restrict your files to dvd.iso's and mkv's??
is the stock cpu fan fine with this? also how would this build go playing emulators like PS1, N64, Sega?
Yeh the stock cpu is perfect. I set it to SILENT in the bios, and i cant hear it, i really need to put my head ontop of the case the hear is spin.
Temps dont go above 55c max while playing HD content, so thats fine.
I knew i had heard that name before ! You are also from BEP right? :-)

Grats on the build i see you where lucky with the new i3 processor ? Looks like i was 1 month to early with mine, I got the Sandy 2125 but also works like a charm though ! Have you experienced anything like the 24p bug ?
Yes that's me Wink.
Tell about the 24p bug...
My movies play around 23.90 and 24.30 fps.

Edit: I read that this prob was fixed with IVB right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HTPC] XBMC/Win7/1080pHD [-DONE!-]1