Question about subtitles
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I use XBMC Eden on a Mac Mini(2011). So I figured this is the place to start.

I have a couple of movies in .mkv format where the Subs are embedded. I can turn them on or off and choose different languages. However I only want he english subtitles to show when there is a foriegn language section in the movie. I don't want to see them all the way through the movie.

Is this possible with xbmc?
Nope. I guess this isn't possible with any software. This behaviour is mostly seen when the foreign part subtitles are hardcoded into the movie (e.x. part of the video stream itself).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Actually there is a video player, pot player, for windows that will do this. But that doesn't help with XBMC on the mac mini. I'll just have to look for the right subtitle file.

Thanks for the info.
I think you're looking for forced subtitles? I think there is work being done on that. Not sure if anyone has done a mac build, but there is this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128935

It might even be in nightly builds (wiki), but I'm not really sure as it's a topic I've only glanced at before.
Ned,

Bingo, that sound exactly what I'm looking for. Now I'll have ask if anyone can make it work on the Mac. Thanks for the link.
mvkmerge works on Mac OS:

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtool...loads.html

Just use that to remux your mvk file and set the flag to yes for forced subs on your forced sub stream. Then, even if subs are disabled, XBMC will still always display the forced subs for that file.

Note: you will need the english forced subs track and not the full english subs track or else everything on that video will have subs.

I've been doing that since the days of Dharma and it's worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about subtitles1