XBMC BCM970015 Exclusive Offer
(2012-09-25, 18:56)icedtrip Wrote: I knew I should have waited. Bought the 15 to replace my 12 at the end of August. Oh well.

Anyone asking themselves if they should replace their 12 (atv1_user), the answer is a big fat YES! Especially at this price. I had a couple of blu-ray rips that the 12 had a hard time handling with constant frame skipping, etc (Requiem for a Dream and Boondock Saints to name a couple), but with the 15, they are buttery smooth. Also, the "train wreck" while fast forwarding, skipping ahead, etc does not exist with the 15.

Thanks for the suggestion.

However shortly after my last post, my atv1 died. The atv1 would lose power within a few seconds of switching on. It took me a while to figure out that the problem was power supply (or so I think). If I try the switch off/on (the main switch) immediately, the board wouldn't turn on, if I wait a few minutes then the board would turn on for a few seconds. I got the KIM-055 based voltage converter with an old Dell power supply to replace the power supply to the board, now it just keeps blinking orange (the dreaded dead logic board condition?). I guess in my "debugging", I must have messed up the logic board somehow.

So the decision was made for me (!), but I now have to decide on the new platform. The Android based platforms interests me, I see people are lamenting that Pivos box may be a generation behind already, apparently they are planning a hardware refresh, so I will wait it out. noname.c(hinese) manufacturers seem to have newer hardware specs, but lack the software support (leeching off Pivos). Nettop looks like the next choice, but I will have to slap in the IR controls etc (not worried about the sweat work involved, I love to watch Frankenstein the movie, not Frankenstein setup of hardware!).

Darn, I will have to choose a new handle too Sad

For anyone wondering, this is still good. Just ordered and got the $10 off.
Offer is still good as of 12/5/2012.

Logic Supply 1-Broadcom Hardware Decoder BCM970015 - PCIe Mini Card

Subtotal $25.00 USD
S&H$ 4.95 USD
Total $29.95 USD
I just got an e-mail today that BuyDVB has the BCM970015 on sale for $21 + shipping (shipping for myself was $3), plus the price drops if you buy more than one (a few cents, but still nice if you need more than one). Sale ends 2012/12/25.

http://www.buydvb.net/broadcom-hardware-...5_p28.html
Thanks for the heads up, Ned Scott! Pretty hard to beat $23.94 shipped for a BCM970015!

I have an Ouya on pre-order and I am currently using a Boxee Box for media, but I kept thinking it would be a fun project to add a BCM970015 to my old Apple TV 1 and try installing Crystalbuntu. But I kept thinking to myself, "$30? I dunno... do I really need this?" This lower price tipped me over! The only downside is the Singapore shipping. Hopefully it takes closer to 7 days instead of 20!

Either way, great tip. Thanks again!
Can anyone recommend a reputable and reasonably priced place to purchase a Broadcom BCM970015? Logic supply no longer stock and BuyDVB price is now $35. Saw a heap on ebay but a lil sceptical buying from unknown Chinese source. Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC BCM970015 Exclusive Offer2