Add network location, I wish I could
Win7 will network connect to my NAS (IcyBox 903 runninmg smb) using \\nas903_d0a7\public\ with logon as guest with a password.

If on XBMC i use add network location
protocol smb
server name nas903_d0a7
shared folder public
username guest
password password

there is a long pause then a connection timed out message, followed bt XBMC unable to connect to the network message.
I've tried this running XBMC in win7 and Raspi. I've read everything I can find with no solutions.

I have also added the following in settings services smb client
WINS server 192.168.0.6
Workgroup Public
DerryUK,

One thing you can try is to use Windows Explorer to create a connection to your network share (for instance having Z: connected to \\nas903_d0a7\public) then use XBMC to add your media from disk Z: instead of using SMB browsing. As you're using a username / password to access your network share, make sure to check both options in the connection dialog in the explorer (reconnect at startup and "alternate login").

As far as you don't want to use a mySql database, this could be a reasonnable solution.

Daniel
In the end Daniel I removed the password on the NAS. XBMC connects now.

Derry.
Good to know it's working !
I've had a situation where SMB browsing didn't work no matter what i tried. I ended up having to define the connection manually, this might be the same problem.

One solution, if you really want to put in the time, is to setup the share as a mount point in linux. You can do that by modifying /etc/fstab (a quick google search will bring up many tutorials).
If you setup a mount point you can point xbmc to it as a local folder in your linux installation.

Good luck Smile
Like my post? please up my reputation, it faced the wrath of X3lectric over this post
[HOW-TO][FRODO] Configure XBOX 360 Wireless Controller
[HOW-TO][Frodo] XBOX DVD Remote/Dongle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add network location, I wish I could0