Win Performace is bad,
Hello,

I'm currently testing this skin, but i noticed the performace is bad. Switching between my homescreen to tv shows or movies is a noticeable break. ~2-4 seconds nothing happens.
Also before playing a movie/show i have 3-4 seconds no video just black screen but sound is allready playing. After the break the video is appering and everything is fine.

I'm running it on a pc with windows 7 64, cpu amd x4 phenom and a gtx 460. I will also try the cutted version. Just want to let you guys know!
Must be something wrong with your setup because on my dual core running AMD K3251.3Ghz running xbmcbuntu it is fine.

Have you tried the setting advancedsetting.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
    <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

It may or may not help but worth a try.
(2012-09-20, 09:31)oaz1 Wrote: Hello,

I'm currently testing this skin, but i noticed the performace is bad. Switching between my homescreen to tv shows or movies is a noticeable break. ~2-4 seconds nothing happens.
Also before playing a movie/show i have 3-4 seconds no video just black screen but sound is allready playing. After the break the video is appering and everything is fine.

I'm running it on a pc with windows 7 64, cpu amd x4 phenom and a gtx 460. I will also try the cutted version. Just want to let you guys know!
Have you configures it as below?

-. Update the latest Nvidia driver from here- Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products
-. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
-. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

I experience the same issue, even deleted guisettings.xml: that helped a bit but it still takes a few seconds when switching between HOME and other screens. I believe it's been mentioned in the release-thread as well some times. I have no idea what causes this, but I am starting to believe it's not the hardware or OS. (I'm running openelec on a Asrock ion 152d).

Since not all users experience this, I guess there will be no investigation... I had to switch back to Nox, which runs simply faster.... Wink
I use both skins and have the same delay going into a view in both, simply down to the size of my colection. I do not run on openelec but there are plenty of users who do without issue. Not using it I cannot realy help but the one thing I would make sure is that you have the correct version of the AllinOne script for whatever build of XBMC you are using. Also bear in mind that the skin has just been released and Marcos is not available so in time hopefully these issues will be resolved.
(2012-09-20, 13:53)bertybassett Wrote: Must be something wrong with your setup because on my dual core running AMD K3251.3Ghz running xbmcbuntu it is fine.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

(2012-09-20, 16:46)bluray Wrote:

-. Update the latest Nvidia driver from here- Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products
-. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
-. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output
Tried both, but still lagging! I think after the first one everything else runs a little bit more fluid!
(2012-09-25, 15:13)oaz1 Wrote:
(2012-09-20, 13:53)bertybassett Wrote: Must be something wrong with your setup because on my dual core running AMD K3251.3Ghz running xbmcbuntu it is fine.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

(2012-09-20, 16:46)bluray Wrote:

Tried both, but still lagging! I think after the first one everything else runs a little bit more fluid!
If you connected your HTPC directly to HDTV via HDMI, you can select HDMI Audio Output and Audio Output Device DirectSound: Digital Audio (HDMI)......"in XBMC system/system/audio output. You need to un-check all the capable receiver options too.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Performace is bad, 0