Subtitle Sync as in SMPlayer (aka jump to next/prv line)
Hello,

I've started using XMBC quite recently and have become a fan of it in short time, however I do miss the feature that I used in SMPlayer a lot; namely the ability to jump to the next/previous line in subtitles rather than a fixed time amount...

Is there any chance that this could be somehow incorporated to XBMC?
You mean switching through the subtitle texts manually? Basically doing your on sync to audio?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-09-24, 15:27)Memphiz Wrote: You mean switching through the subtitle texts manually? Basically doing your on sync to audio?

Hello Memphiz, rather than syncing the subtitle in 0.1sec increments, it jumps to the next line in the file (it may be 3 seconds later or 30seconds). This is especially helpful in downloaded tv series where the subtitle has the "advertisement" gap and the video does not. It creates a huge time difference and in a normal "fixed time shift" it requires lots of keypress/duration to sync. However in a "shift to next subtitle lines time" feature it requires only one key

is it clearer?
This sounds really cool. I'm so tired of pressing +/- and rewinding all the time to adjust the delay
(2012-09-23, 23:59)ozkurt Wrote: Hello,

I've started using XMBC quite recently and have become a fan of it in short time, however I do miss the feature that I used in SMPlayer a lot; namely the ability to jump to the next/previous line in subtitles rather than a fixed time amount...

Is there any chance that this could be somehow incorporated to XBMC?

I think that is right time for implement this option...

Beacuse of that I use SM player as external player.
Hello,

Sorry for digging up such an old thread but I think this is worth it.

The feature mentioned above is really useful for anyone dealing with subtitles at all, especially nowadays, when the availability of these is overwhelming and it is no longer a luxury to have subtitles for every movie in the collection. Usually, while searching for subtitles there are tens of those for just one movie and the only difference between them is the timing/sync. The text is usually ok in all of them, so this feature would save a lot of time because if the subtitles aren't synced correctly, the user can 'correct' this by a single keypress saying that *NOW* is the right time to show the next (previous) line of text. The player then shifts all the subtitles and this usually corrects the sync for at least a few minutes, or in case fps is correct it may even fix sync for the whole movie.

To sum this up: instead of syncing via special tools (overwhelming) or constantly pressing +/-, a few keypresses would usually fix the subtitles.

It is there in mplayer/mpv (and by proxy in SMPlayer) since years (AFAIR assigned to keys G and Y by default), so if anyone has any doubts about its usefulness, one can try this feature in there.

Now, pretty please, someone implement this in Kodi! Smile

... or am I missing something? I could only find this thread and nothing else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle Sync as in SMPlayer (aka jump to next/prv line)0