Weird Slider behaviour

So I am trying to do a track seeking slider for an external audio player (for touch users)

I have a slider in WindowXML and I am using onClick() to detect events, and getPercent to get the position (and I have a gui update loop doing setpercent).

So - it starts off ok - I get a bunch of onClick events as the slider is dragged. For each of these events I do a seek and that seems to work with the external player.

I then release the slider bar....and then the weirdness........I then get a bunch more onClick events, going back 1 by 1 in terms of percent to roughly where I started....and the slider drags itself back (and ultimately goes haywire, I guess because of a 0 event)

Any ideas on why that might be happeningHuh

(testing with Frodo nightlies)

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Is anything setting the progress bar to anything? i.e. you don't have an <info> tag in there anywhere or anything?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well basically I use a thread lock to seek the external player to a particular time in seconds, then that finishes (and reports back it has seeked) and then the general GUI update thread queries the player as to where it's currently at and updates the progress bar.

I can't see why that would step backwards in 1 second increments...just seems weird.

No, there's no info tag:

Code:
<!-- TRACK PROGRESS BAR -->
      <control type="slider" id="998">
        <description>Track Playing Progress</description>
        <posx>60</posx>
        <posy>350</posy>
        <width>560</width>
        <height>16</height>
              <texturesliderbar>seekslider2.png</texturesliderbar>
              <textureslidernib>osd_slider_nibNF.png</textureslidernib>
              <textureslidernibfocus>osd_slider_nib.png</textureslidernibfocus>
        <visible>SubString(Window.Property(XSQUEEZE_PLAYING_RADIO),false)</visible>
      </control>

It's a weird one - the general API for seeking with this (squeezebox cli) is pretty heavily used/tested so seems pretty unlikely it's not seeking, but I guess I will have to test that more...

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird Slider behaviour0