set slideshow items mime types -jsonrpc
I'm working on a slideshow for images from memebase and have it working just fine. But what I found is that even though I'm adding all images, as I add them to the playlist, xbmc is running " CFileCurl::GetMimeType -" on each URL I put in the playlist.
I am adding images to the playlist with:
item = '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Playlist.Add", "params": { "playlistid": 2 , "item": {"file": "%s"} }, "id": 1 }' %str(image)

where image is the URL from the site from a regular expression match (eg: http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/3...f3d01b.jpg )

Then I start it with
xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open","params":{"item":{"playlistid":2}} }')

so, my question, is there a way to set the mime type as I add the image? When I start my addon, with 14 images, it takes a couple minutes for the slideshow to start because of having to check mime type on each image. Basically I'm always going to be adding either jpg or png and if I can set the mime type ahead of time it should help speed up the start of the show.

thanks!
I don't know about setting the mime type Confused In the lastfm add-on I was able to speed things up by just adding a few items to the playlist, start the slide show, then add the remaining items to the playlist.
Divingmule.

sweet.. thanks. I will take a look at that one.. I have yet to decide how I want to handle the images since there are only like 5 or 6 per page, but your solution might work great. I could add 5 from the first page, start the slideshow then add the rest in the background. brilliant! ;-)

thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
set slideshow items mime types -jsonrpc0