Any way to disable a bluray drive so XBMC no longer see's it
I'm looking for a way to have XBMC completely ignore my bluray drive.

I know folks will ask why, so here you go. If a bluray is inserted into the drive and I open XBMC (or just browse the video section in nightly builds) it locks the system up for a anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes while it try's to read the bluray disc that's in the drive.

So is there any advanced option that can make XBMC no longer think I even have an optical drive in the pc?

xbmc 11 nightly (09.26.2012)
Win7 x64 (i5-2500k, 16gb ram, ssd)
Don't know if this would work or not but if your using the aeon skin you can remove the play now from the main menu. Don't know if it would stop xbmc reading the drive but worth a try. Or you could remove the bluray.

BTW I have an HTPC with bluray drive and have never encountered this problem.
are you able to compile xbmc on your own and run it into the debugger? I would really like to know where it gets stuck.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2012-09-27, 18:58)WiSo Wrote: are you able to compile xbmc on your own and run it into the debugger? I would really like to know where it gets stuck.

Yup, I can do that tonight.
What about using the advancedsettings.xml and path substitution to point the physical drive elsewhere?
Figures it's way faster now in debug, still appears to "hang" but not as bad (maybe 15-20 seconds)

http://pastebin.com/rYFCRbTz

can you drop me the *.cpp and line where it hung? The log doesn't help me as it won't show where it stops. As said it would be really helpful if you could get me the line of code where it hangs Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
from looking at the logfile I would start in CCdInfo* CCdIoSupport::GetCdInfo (its line 671 in cdioSupport.cpp) as it seems to take very long to determine the format of the inserted optical medium. since there is a critsection as soon you're entering video or music it'll try to access the drive again and has to wait as cdioSupport is locked.
Start there with a breakpoint and go further with F10 until you find the line where it hangs.
Can do, i'll dive into that tonight
Any news? Since I can't reproduce it on my setups I need the input from the users Smile
(2012-10-02, 20:00)WiSo Wrote: Any news? Since I can't reproduce it on my setups I need the input from the users Smile

Post is almost a year old but issue still exists. Let me know what you need and I'd be glad to help.
This issue still exists running Frodo 12.2, Windows 8.1. Blu Ray disc freeze XBMC for quite good amount of time and basically ruins my HTPC experience. I have no intention in playing it in XBMC, as I use TMT for this purpose but whenever I forget to eject the disc before opening XBMC, I am stuck for few mins.

So any ideas how ignore reading discs completely by XBMC?
A relatively simple solution if using windows it to create a batch file which calls a diskpart script using

Code:
Select volume x (replace x with the volume assigned to the optical drive)
remove letter=x (replace with drive letter assigned to optical drive)

This would remove the drive letter assigned to the optical drive before the batch file launches xbmc then when xbmc is closed it calls another batch file with another diskpart script to reassign the drive a letter again

Code:
select volume x (same # as above)
assign letter=x (same letter as above)
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

(2013-11-03, 23:33)Ardalista Wrote: A relatively simple solution if using windows it to create a batch file which calls a diskpart script using
[…]

Thanks for response! How can I achieve running such bat file on XBMC startup and launch another on XBMC exit? Sorry, I use Windows only for HTPC purposes.
(2013-11-03, 23:58)stiwi Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 23:33)Ardalista Wrote: A relatively simple solution if using windows it to create a batch file which calls a diskpart script using
[…]

Thanks for response! How can I achieve running such bat file on XBMC startup and launch another on XBMC exit? Sorry, I use Windows only for HTPC purposes.

create a batch file for each step, then call each batch file from a master.bat for example by prefixing the steps with call it should wait for each step to run and exit before the next step is run.

type call /? in the command line for an explanation

Master.bat example

Code:
call remove.bat
call xbmc.bat
call assign.bat
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to disable a bluray drive so XBMC no longer see's it0