XBMC 11 Eden and 3D BD / SBS Play

Hello all,
is XBMC able to play FULL ISO BD 3D and MKV SBS ?
Right know I can play, with XBMC, the ISO 3D in 2D without problem....

I would like to buy an HTPC (like Asrock vision) but I want to be sure that XBMC supports that 3D movies under Windows 7.

Thanks.
Lucas
BD3D, No.
MKV SBS, Yes or at least partially. Half-SBS works for sure, but I think I read that someone was having problems with Full-SBS. There are some caveats though. 3D subtitles aren't supported and you have to manually turn on 3D on your TV.
(2012-09-30, 00:11)sialivi Wrote: BD3D, No.
Too bad! Confused
I hope next XBMC release will focus on 3D world, in the mean time I'll move to PopCorn A-400 or Dune HD Max 3D.

Btw, thanks for reply sialivi.
The 3D compatibility has nothing to do with XBMC itself but with the player you use.

With the standard player you will not get BD3D and you will have no BD full menus.

By using TMT or PowerDVD or WinDVD add external player in xbmc, you will get all of that in(in Windows)

By the way..you will not get full menus with the A400 (so the A400 can do less things than xbmc with eternal player)

You will get all of that apparently with the Dune 3D (if it's ever officially released). But the user interface is a joke compared with xbmc (same for the a400)

Well, I'm not absolutely interest for BD menus. Normaly I setup the BD to start directly the movie.
And sure, I'm definitely interested in using XBMC insted of A400 or DUNE, but I also need to play theBD3D movies.

So, if I understand well, I can change the actual default XBMC player with something like TotalMedia Theatre or PowerDVD, then I'll be able to play FULL BD3D also in XBMC? Am I right?

Is this the right guide?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

Please, I need help... I installed TMT5 and created the playercorefactory.xml file under
C:\Users\Lucas\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

Now, when I start MKV movie from XBMC, I believe the default player is used. How can I check if XBMC use the TMT5 player??

The content from playercorefactory.xml is:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\TotalMediaTheatre5\uLaunchTMT5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename="*.mkv" player="TMT5"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Well, external players aren't embedded in xbmc, it will launch the application and switch to it.
If you're still unsure, press 'm', 'i' or some other key that's mapped to some xbmc function.

For any question regarding external players, you should probably check bluray's thread, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724
(2012-09-30, 19:04)sialivi Wrote: Well, external players aren't embedded in xbmc, it will launch the application and switch to it.
If you're still unsure, press 'm', 'i' or some other key that's mapped to some xbmc function.

For any question regarding external players, you should probably check bluray's thread, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724

Thanks for reply, so now I'm sure the TMT is not launched for MKV. I'm moving to the other thread! Wink
(2012-09-30, 18:49)Lucas Rey Wrote: Please, I need help... I installed TMT5 and created the playercorefactory.xml file under
C:\Users\Lucas\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

Now, when I start MKV movie from XBMC, I believe the default player is used. How can I check if XBMC use the TMT5 player??

The content from playercorefactory.xml is:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMT5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\TotalMediaTheatre5\uLaunchTMT5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename="*.mkv" player="TMT5"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
You can try the codes below. If it still doesn't work, you can check out this thread for more info- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.....

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3dbd." player="mkv_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Thanks, now I realize how the external player works on XBMC and sure I was able to use it. However, I don't like it since it loose the XBMC features during the movie play!
The only thing I still not understand is when deibit said:

Quote: The 3D compatibility has nothing to do with XBMC itself but with the player you use.

As I understood, XBMC has an embedded player that doesn't support DB3D, so, the problem is in XBMC, not in the player I used!!!
That's why I'm hoping the developers will include the BD3D support in the next release. Nod

I meant that you can use XBMC as media center and an use a external player to play the media.

I guess that XBMC will support 3D when someone developes an open source h264 MVC decoder.

I might be wrong, but I don't think that the XBMC developers are working on that (on the decoder I mean), it's more a task of "external"developers (ffmpeg developers for example)

Since comercial players (TMT5 for example) have access to commercial Bluray licenses, they can implement all features (full menus, bluray3d etc etc..)

But since those players are not open source, they can't be integrated as nicely in XBMC (meaning, you lose XBMC functions while playback)

I guess that perfection doesn't exist Big Grin

(2012-10-01, 08:25)Lucas Rey Wrote: However, I don't like it since it loose the XBMC features during the movie play!
What XBMC feature do you want to see during playback? For most of us, we don't want to see anything on the screen other than quality blu-ray video and audio during playback.

For some of us, we use TMT5/PDVD11 to enjoy blu-ray menus, extras, chapters and all the goodies as shown below.......

The main issue with using TMT or PDVD is that eventually they are all going to be forced to implement the Cinavia check ( I think that PDVD12 is already Cinavia enabled)

Even Syabas has been forced to drop the "Full Bluray Menu" feature in the PCH A400 in order to don't lose the Bluray license (fortunately enough, they seem to have kept the 3DBD functionality)

The long term solution (and maybe the only one) will be the open-source decoder (for BD3D at least.. the menu thing is "nice to have" but not "a must have")

OK, but what about remote control with TMT and PowerDVD? Can I still use it with these applications like XBMC do?
I don't want connect keyboard and mouse to my HTPC and I would like to control it only via remote! Wink
(2012-10-01, 17:44)Lucas Rey Wrote: OK, but what about remote control with TMT and PowerDVD? Can I still use it with these applications like XBMC do?
I don't want connect keyboard and mouse to my HTPC and I would like to control it only via remote! Wink
You should be able to use MCE remote controller to control TMT5.....to get back to XBMC, you can simply press STOP and then BACK buttons on the remote controller.......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11 Eden and 3D BD / SBS Play0