Win default video player
Hi is the default video player vlc, reson for asking is i uninstalled it and now xbmc wont play my files

Robert
No, XBMC uses its own video player by default. However, if you had created a playercorefactory.xml file and specified VLC as your XBMC video player then, yes, uninstalling VLC on your system would cause XBMC video playback to fail. If that's the case, you can:
  • Delete playercorefactory.xml from your userdata (wiki) directory if you have no other reason to retain this file
  • Remove the rule in playercorefactory.xml to use VLC if there are other rules you need to keep in that file
  • Re-install VLC on your system.
The first two options will restore the default XBMC video player.
Thanks double checked and my playercorefactory.xml doesn't mention vlc, so is there any way to re-initialise the default player.

Thanks
Try renaming your playercorefactory.xml in your userdata (wiki) directory to something else and restart XBMC to see if the default player is used. Also, use your operating system's file search function to see if you have other copies of playercorefactory.xml anywhere else on your system. Check all of them for VLC (e.g., you may have added this to the system version of playercorefactory.xml sometime in the past and forgotten about it).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
default video player0