XBMC crashing on wired ATV2, not crashing on wifi ATV2
Hi there,

i noticed a weired issue with XBMC when playing some of my SD XviD movies. Every now and then a movie crashes after a while. This rarely happens, thats why i did not make any further investigations earlier, but meanwhile i noticed that it only happens on my WIRED ATV2 in the living room.

I own two ATV2s, both on 4.3.3, both same version of XBMC, both jailbroken with Seas0npass, both do have exactly the same addons installed, both share a MySQL database. So i'd say they are exactly the same except the networking. One is wired, the other one is wireless.

The media info, crash reporter, syslog and xbmc.log is from the wired one, where the movie posted keeps crashing. Please note that it happens at a exact time of playback, thats why i seeked there. The same movie on the same source does play without any problem on the wireless ATV2. And thats what i noticed with a bunch of movies that crashed on the wired one. If logs are also needed for the wireless ATV2, please let me know.

Does anyone has an idea what this could be? BTW: It does not make a difference if i use NFS or SMB, nor if the movie is unrar'd or rar'd or if it's in library mode or file mode. It crashes on wired one, does not on the wireless. Weird.

xbmc.log
syslog
CrashReporter
MediaInfo

Edit: Just cutted the cord on the wired one but it's still crashing, so i guess its not a network issue. Hopefully anyone has an idea what do to as i already did a rejailbreak but without success
It crashes deep in ffmpeg. Can't say more atm cause i don't think we have saved the dsyms for that version Sad (i know its "official eden" but it was a late build from july cause of the problems we had on atv2).

Could you move away your complete userdata folder - just add that smb source and start the movie from files view and see if it still crashs?

Beside that - there won't be any bugfix releases for eden. So even if i would find it you won't benefit from it. You could just test it with one of the pre-frodo alpha builds and see if the problem persists there.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I already did a clean install, also with a clean userdata folder - did not change anything for me Sad
That's really frustrating as one is working perfectly and the other one doesnt' even with same iOS and same settings. I even tried to use the userdata-folder from the wireless ATV2, but that also did not work. I will test a frodo release tomorrow.

BTW: No issues with that movie on iPad & iPhone aswell, so it really is that single ATV2 that is driving me mad.

Edit: NOT CRASHING with current nightly - will check if i run into other issues or if i'll keep that as i dont have time to update and check for issues at the moment.
Memphiz would it be possible for me to get the Eden master from git and to exchange the ffmpeg folder with the one from the current alphas and to compile an ATV2 version with Xcode?
Nope you would need all the changes which are needed to work with the new ffmpeg. And those are spread over weeks i guess.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashing on wired ATV2, not crashing on wifi ATV20