MYSQL first steps
Ok i've been running 5 independent XBMC clients for a few years, each having their own database and artwork and it worked perfect. With a database of over 2000 movies and 600+ tv shows its getting to a point that a central database would be better.

Now i understand I can use MYSQL to do this but my concerns are that a centrally located artwork folder across the network, being that my media is vast, would seriously slow down the network and interface experience.

So my questions are

1. Can artwork (Covers, Fanart) still be stored on each local machine whilst using a central database for title, watched status etc through MYSQL ?

2. Can i decide (maybe through advancedxml ) who gets synced watched status etc (two of the machines are in kids bedrooms and they would be watching different things to us and we would feel we had watched them on a synced database as it would show watched across the 5 systems.

Any help appreciated.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
1. the latest nightlies hold the placement of the artworks in the database. so each node (machine) can build its own cache.
2. you may want to create 2 MYSQL databases, 1 for kids bedrooms and 1 for the others
Ah nice one. Will wait on this until its stable then.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MYSQL first steps0