Win Acer Iconia W500 mouse pointer issue
Hi everyone..

Just got my first windows tablet and running xbmc is creating some problems..

I downloaded the latest version from the site, installed it and launched it.. Everything is smooth as butter, video playback is superb!

The issues:

Every time I touch the screen, no matter where, the "view options" pane slides out from the left side

There is also a mouse pointer on my screen which is a nusence to be honest

Also, while playing a video I cant just touch the media buttons to pause, play, stop etc.. I need to slide the unneeded mouse pointer onto the button and then tap it..

Is there any way to make to pointer disappear and fix the other issues?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry if it's a noob error..
Sounds like a skin issue, load up another skin with touch screen capabilities and see it it handles this better; T! comes to mind.
(2012-10-04, 01:49)PatK Wrote: Sounds like a skin issue, load up another skin with touch screen capabilities and see it it handles this better; T! comes to mind.

Nope, chnging the skin doesnt help at all, I tried Touched initially.. I just cant think that xbmc cant run on a touchscreen without needing to allign a bloody pointer before tapping..

Is there anyway to make it like the ipad version to support direct touch?
I am having the same issue with my Dell inspiron Duo. View options will appear anywhere in that screen you touch. PM3.HD is slightly better, but highlights the view option because it is not hidden. In some cases, it will pick a line from that menu when selecting an option from another menu.
(2012-10-10, 20:55)RedWolf026 Wrote: I am having the same issue with my Dell inspiron Duo. View options will appear anywhere in that screen you touch. PM3.HD is slightly better, but highlights the view option because it is not hidden. In some cases, it will pick a line from that menu when selecting an option from another menu.

Hi, I have narrowed it down to the new skins not having the option to enable kiosk mode.. That's an option to disable the view options slide in menu..

The workaround, download this zip (made by mad-max) http://www.mediafire.com/?lopwzip79mv3xp7

Afterwards, install add on from zip and then install the confluence mod skin, go to skin options and the to the sub mod menu to enable kiosk mode..
it is a little better, but not by much. The menu still slides out but not like it did. once this is fixed, this will be the ideal hub for touchscreen pc's

It is a little better, but not much. The slide menu still pops out but not as far as it used to. But it still does it. Once this bug is fixed, this will be the ideal media center hub for touch screen PC's

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Iconia W500 mouse pointer issue0