Posible to use shared Library (mySQL) on iPhone?
Just wondering if it's possible to access a shared database in mySQL from an iPhone. Anyone knows? Have tried to put the advencedsettings.xml file in the userdata-folder on my iPhone, but that didn't work. Anyone knows?
I use it all the time with ipod, ipad and appletv2. Have a look into your xbmc.log - it'll tell you if it can't load the advancedsettings.xml.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Of course the file name needs to be spelled correctly for it to be recognized.

usk78-dk: Is it possible you made the same error in the actual file as in your post ?

It should be advancedsettings.xml NOT advencedsettings.xml
Thanks for your reply. I have figured out now, that the location of the file was wrong (but the filename spelled correctly ;-) )

However now to the tricky part. Is it possible for me to access my files outside my home network? Right now my sources are accessed through the SMB protocol.
It can be done, but it is difficult. You may want to try and use a VPN for that.

Or you may want to look into using plex if you want to watch media away from home.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
If you do this then you'll probably want to do so with a second profile, so that you can still use XBMC (and add-ons, etc) while away from the network with the MySQL server: HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Portable devices and profiles (wiki)
(2012-10-09, 20:01)Ned Scott Wrote: If you do this then you'll probably want to do so with a second profile, so that you can still use XBMC (and add-ons, etc) while away from the network with the MySQL server: HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Portable devices and profiles (wiki)

I was just going to ask this as I have this exact problem Smile
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posible to use shared Library (mySQL) on iPhone?0