Quick question re: Xbox Universal Remote and "green button"
Hi there, I recently setup a replacement htpc running xbmc. On my first build I had no issues using my ancient xbox universal remote out of the box ( aside from the SetControlNum tweaks in the registry). I must have missed a step or done something wrong this time. Everything works great except for the green media button to launch xbmc. Somehow this worked before without me doing anything explicit or special that I can remember. I do have the MCE Remote add-on installed, but not sure what I should be doing with that to get the green button working again. I really love that button as it makes the setup more wife friendly and I don't have to reach for the ( hardly ever used) remote kb and mouse just to launch xbmc again. The IR receiver I am using is the one that came with the Mediagate remote. I use that receiver with my xbox remote and it works great.

Is there something I need to do in the MCE Remote addon perhaps that I am just missing this time around?

Thank-you
Sorry for the bump, and not trying to be a PITA here, but this is the only thing that is nagging at me that I can't seem to get to work..which is especially nagging since it worked on my first build of xbmc.

What is the default key combination to launch xbmc? Maybe I just need to program that in somehow?
There is no key combination for starting xbmc by default. You can create a shortcut key by rightclicking the xbmc shortcut on desktop and selecting properties. First find out what key code the green button sends. Then set it as a shortcut key.
(2012-10-11, 18:02)baijuxavior Wrote: There is no key combination for starting xbmc by default. You can create a shortcut key by rightclicking the xbmc shortcut on desktop and selecting properties. First find out what key code the green button sends. Then set it as a shortcut key.

Thank-you. I think it sens the Windows key, I will try mapping that to the shortcut for xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick question re: Xbox Universal Remote and "green button"0