• 14(current)
[RELEASE] DailyMotion.com - Movies, TV, Music, User-Clips, 3D and Livestreams
No urgency inferred by use of upper case. Here is a link to a L&H that does not work:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24uzwi...shortfilms

or in fact any movie that is found by search "Laurel Hardy Colour". I am running an MX media box and Kodi 14.0.

All these videos were playing without trouble about 1 month ago. I am currently having no problems in general playing other videos on Dailymotion.
I have the same problem on the same video

OpenElec 5.0.8 on Raspberry PI B+

I've this in my log (but i don't understand this, sorry) :
Code:
22:16:08 T:1810756672  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:16:12 T:1810756672  NOTICE: x24uzwi
22:16:12 T:1810756672   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
                       -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.dailymotion_com-master/default.py", line 641, in <module>
                                                playVideo(url)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.dailymotion_com-master/default.py", line 262, in playVideo
                                                listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem(path=getStreamUrl(id))
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.dailymotion_com-master/default.py", line 276, in getStreamUrl
                                                cc= json.loads(get_json_code)['metadata']['qualities']  #['380'][0]['url']
    File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-5.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-5.0.8/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
    File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-5.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-5.0.8/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-5.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-5.0.8/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
    File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-5.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-5.0.8/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 38, in errmsg
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
22:16:13 T:1968918528   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.dailymotion_com/?url=x24uzwi&mode=playVideo]
Seaching and playing "Laurel Hardy Colour" video work for me . Did you guys tried @gates version posted above. Just replace the default.py from the url:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gates3...default.py

That should work too. Otherwise, you guys may be geoblock. or may be we could try use simplejson instead of json.
It doesn't work for me neither ^^

but i've launched some debug this morging, and i'm pretty sure it's the ")" in the title (and not the "(" ) that screw up the script

in appers in line :
get_json_code = re.compile(r'dmp\.create\(document\.getElementById\(\'player\'\),\s*([^);]+)').findall(content)[0]

the script cant get all the JSON (it's stopped at the ")" of the title)

@alibaba011, can you confirm this is the same video you launch (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24uzwi) ?
what is your kodi version ? and what is your platform (win ? linux ?)

I'll try to find a solution*

edit : i'm not a python coder, just a hacker, any help is welcomed Smile
I carried out a completely clean re-install of Dailymotion 2.1.4.this morning (cleared cache, deleted and replenished add-on data, rebooted Kodi) ~ the problem persists on these L & H colour movies with "Script Failed ~ these are not geoblocked, work on my PC and were working on Kodi about a month ago. We are 99% there, everything else seems fine ~ thanks to all who are trying to resolve this issue.Smile
Let's try this my new version (2.1.5) :
https://github.com/Gates33/plugin.video....master.zip

And enjoy Laurel and Hardy in colour Wink
YAY! 2.1.5 has cured the Laurel and Hardy playback problem. Thanks so much "gates" ~ "that's another fine fix you've gotten us into".Smile
@gates @Alibaba
Thanks for keeping this addon alive. The addon is now playing videos perfectly however none of the streams in the Live section work. Can you please take a look at it.
For e.g.,
Code:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x386i36
You may try this default.py by renaming original one to anything e.g. defaultbacck

I have change the live url to embed one too because sequence one only give me f4m link. This default one use same function for live and VOD. But still i have to press 3 or 4 times to play the live url.I am not sure the cause of this is their server or we are not passing cookie. My guess is that their server is checking your ip . You have wait 1 or 2 minutes before you can ask for new live url

For VOD or not live link, I find that if your link is not 720 or greater quality , Kodi thus ffmpeg fail to play the url given by the embed url. So, we have to process through the m3u8 url until the last url and send that to Kodi. It will be bit slower (couple of seconds) than 720p or high quality.

If you have problem, you can try this default.py :

Code:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fgj9v9xgwdgm9rw/default.py?dl=1

@gates
It worked for me before but i couldnot play now until i fixed my default.py (given link above). You can try above one. I have tried in
Thanks. Good luck. Let me know how it goes for you.
@alibaba011

Fantastic work. The addon is now back to 100% usable. Live channels are working (both SD and HD) as well all videos including colorized Laurel & Hardy.

Thanks a lot for your help
As it turn out , we need to send cookie when playing mp4 or live link. So, i have updated the default.py according to that. There is no more regex to deal with. It depends on requests module now. It should solve the problem of sometime not playing

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fgj9v9xgwdgm9rw...lt.py?dl=1

Thanks. feedback is welcome.
Hey alibaba011
Please can u upload a working zip
sorry i am a total newb
It would be great

Thanks for your great work Smile
Thanks to Gates and all who helped, Version 2.1.5 with modified default.py works nicely.
This should be added to the official repo !
(2013-08-20, 11:15)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-08-20, 10:57)bisha Wrote: Hi AddonScriptorDE

Thank you for your plugin!

I'm about to write a plugin for a site that uses Daily Motion video. I do wonder if its possible to call your plugin from within an another plugin and maybe send send the required parameters in order to get the video resolved.
I know its possible in YouTube plugin where I do only send the video id to the plugin (playback_url = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=%s' % url_ch) and it fixes the rest Smile

If the answer is yes , could you please help me with the code snippet?

Regards
Bisha
Hi Bisha, you can do the same with the dailymotion addon - The plugin url is:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.dailymotion_com/?mode=playVideo&url=VIDEO_ID

If we have Youtube's username, we can use below code snippet to call it from another plugin:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/User_Name/

I have Dailymotion's username and am trying to call it from another plugin. Does anyone know the code snippet for it? Thanks in advance.
@gates, @alibaba011
Thanks a lot for keeping this addon alive.
I am back with a new issue and would like your expertise
I am trying to play a video which is by the band Yello and has most of their music videos. Just searched for "Essential Yello" in the addon
Code:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2npnt7
When I play this i get a message popup in the bottom right corner "Info: Dailymotion says Explicit content" and the video does not play.
I then followed the instruction on the first page to setup "family_filter_off" file in the userprofile addon data folder, but still it is giving the same message.
Can you please take a look and fix this minor issue
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DailyMotion.com - Movies, TV, Music, User-Clips, 3D and Livestreams10