Can't get XBMC to see TV shows
Hello everybody, new user here and loving XBMC!

However I am having a heck of a time getting XBMC to see my TV shows. I have been googling for days trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I'm pretty sure I have the folder naming down and I'm pretty sure I'm adding the directory in XBMC properly.

Eg: TV Shows/Community/Community Season 01/Community Season01E01.mkv, Community Season 01E02.mkv, etc, etc

For whatever reason, when added as a TV Show, XBMC can't find it, when I click on TV shows it is just empty, but for some reason it shows up on my Android device on the XBMC official app under TV shows.

Also when I was trying to troubleshoot I added the TV Shows as a movie instead and they showed up with Fan art and everything in the Movies list. But obviously I don't want them there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Windows 7/XBMC v11/Aeon Nox
You have some extra wording that's not necessary. Remove Community from the season folder and change Season01E01 to just S01E01.mkv.

TV Shows/Community/Season 01/Community S01E01.mkv
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Thanks for the reply.

I changed it and am still having troubles.

did you change the individual file names, too? XBMC doesn't care about the season folder names, just the TV show folder name and the file names. You can have as many sub folders with whatever names and it won't change anything.
No, I haven't changed the individual file names they are just like I posted (Community S01E01.mkv)

I really don't think it is a folder naming thing. They were post processed by Sickbeard and I have followed the folder naming guidlines. (The above correction by Dobyken was a post mistake by myself, I had the folders named that way)

Could there be a bug or something in there?

I just thought it was weird that it wouldn't recognize the shows as TV shows, but it would pick them up when categorized as Movies. Also being that the android XBMC app had them categorized properly, I thought that would trigger someone with an idea of what my problem may be.

Thanks for the help
need a debug log
Try naming your episodes as Community.S01E01.mkv, Community.S01E02.mkv, etc...

I have A couple seasons of Community and it scrapes just fine for me. Give that a try or post a debug log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get XBMC to see TV shows0