Power & remote control
I'm using a Raspberry Pi with OpenElec.

I have the USB from TV connected to the MiniUSB power connection on the Pi. I really like being able to use my LG TV remote to control the Pi XBMC.

Yet, I'd also like to leave my Pi XBMC powered on when the TV is off.

Would I be able to connect power somewhere else? and not have the TV off remote command power off my Pi XBMC?
You can (in theory) power the Pi from pretty much any USB output. Maybe you have a set top box that is always on and which has a spare USB port, in which case use that. Or an amplifier. Or just use a mobile phone/tablet charger.

I say in theory because standard USB ports only provide 500mA and sometimes you may need more than that to keep the Pi chugging along, so if you experience random reboots it could be because your USB port is not providing sufficient power. If you opt for a mobile phone/tablet charger, use one with at least 1Amp output.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If you're in the uk just get one of these:
http://cpc.farnell.com/raspberry-pi-psu/...=pw0306007

And go into system > system > Input devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter to change how the tv / remote / Pi interact.
My RPi is currently getting it's juice from my TV. This clearly is not working as it should since I'm getting a random reboot every once in a while. I use the sleep mode of my TV quite a lot and this is "shutting down" the Pi. Is there a way to "stop playback" when the TV turns off, so I can use another power source? I don't want my Pi playing all the stuff through the whole night.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power & remote control0