Win New TV-series are added in the library like Genius Series
Hi all,

I wanted to add new TV-series to my library (only had movies in it), I have different TV-series (e.g. 3rd Rock from the Sun, Home Improvement, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS etc.) with the naming convention mentioned in the XBMC wiki (folder with the name of the tv-show, subfolder with the season-name, in that folder all episodes like this: 3rd.Rock.from.the.Sun.S01E01.Brains.and.Eggs, the avi-file, the nfo-file, the srt-file and the tbn-file are all the same as the eposide name), I had sickbeard gather all the info of the tv-show, so the main folder is like this: 3rd Rock from the Sun with subfolders Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Specials, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, season01.tbn, season02.tbn, season03.tbn, season04.tbn, season05.tbn, season06.tbn and tvshow.nfo...

Seems all OK by me, but when adding the TV-show to the library it tells me Genius Series - S01E01 Brains and Eggs and not 3rd Rock from the Sun - S01E01 Brains and EggsHuh
All the tv-shows are put into the library like this, it's a mess!
Can anybody tell me what I did wrong? Or what I have to do to get this sorted?

I hadn't had this problem with XBMC 9 and 10...

Cheers,

DaDude1973
Every series scraped incorrectly?

Do you have the setting when selecting content "selected folder contains a single tv show"?

Your naming convention seems just fine, so I'd consult your log and post it up here for others to take a look at.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yep, all is scraped incorrectly, like it's only 1 tv show called Genius Series Sad

No, that setting is off...

Will post the log here, thx!
This is the logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11066
Try getting a log again, but this time make sure you enable debugging in System --> Debugging. After that, reproduce the scenario where the tv shows were scraped incorrectly. It might involve removing the tv show source from your library and then scanning it in again.

You might also try updating your skin to MQ3 or MQ4.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
OK, wil remove the tv source and add it again and will update my skin to mq3 or mq4, thx! Will keep you informed...
Will try again tomorrow and post the debugging log, I've got a headache now... Updated the skin to MQ4, removed the db and did a scan again, it comes with genius series again Sad
Understand that it can get frustrating.... I'm sure the solution will be found though; and it's usually something simple! Smile
Sorry, haven't been online lately, really busy with work and I had problems with my laptop...

I've posted the debugging log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13406

I've started the debugging log before adding the tv-series and stopped it again after it ended scraping...
When adding movies everything goes correctly, I'm using moviedb.org as the add-on for movies and tvdb.org as the add-on for tv-series...

Really hope there's a solution for this!

Cheers,

DaDude1973
Do you have a tvshow.nfo in the 3rd rock directory? Or is there a renegade tvshow.nfo in your main tvshow directory?
Code:
01:28:18 T:3924   DEBUG: Thread VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: 0
01:28:18 T:3924  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
01:28:18 T:3924   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'T:\Series\'
Here's your issue.

Either you've set you source folder one level too high (i.e. on T:\ rather than T:\Series\) or you've set 'Selected folder contains a single TV show' when setting the content.

Edit:Already said you didn't do the latter.
(2012-11-05, 03:25)thrak76 Wrote: Do you have a tvshow.nfo in the 3rd rock directory? Or is there a renegade tvshow.nfo in your main tvshow directory?

No, every show has it's own tvshow.nfo...

(2012-11-05, 09:29)scudlee Wrote:
Code:
01:28:18 T:3924   DEBUG: Thread VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: 0
01:28:18 T:3924  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
01:28:18 T:3924   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'T:\Series\'
Here's your issue.

Either you've set you source folder one level too high (i.e. on T:\ rather than T:\Series\) or you've set 'Selected folder contains a single TV show' when setting the content.

Edit:Already said you didn't do the latter.

OK, so I have to choose T:\Series instead of the root T:\ ? Crap...
Don't know why I have a folder called Series, it's on my NAS and T:\ is pointing to \volume1\tvshows so the extra folder Series is not needed...
Will move the tvshows to the root of T:\ and remove the T:\Series folder so I cannot make this mistake again...

Will let you know if that's the solution, thanks guys! This forum rocks!
Guys, it's working now, thx! It was the subfolder Series Sad
Talk like an Italian guy: What a bigge mistake to make!

Thx for all the help!

Cheers,
DaDude1973
Hello guys,

Although I see the topic was closed, I have a similar problem. I use XBMC on the ipad. All my series are stored in a folder called Video, with two subfolders, movies and series. Then in the series folder, each of the series has a folder with the correct name. The scrapper works flawlessly: with a clean library, I push update contents and everything works fine, but when I open XBMC the next time, when the update check after start up takes place, it finds the dreaded Genius Series. Damn it!

In this case, the route to the folder points correctly (/video/series, not just /video), and the genius series only appears after the program is closed and I restart it, when the update at start up takes place, as I said before. I have pasted my log here (http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31308). It has the same line on 323

18:20:29 T:162009088 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/var/mobile/Media/Video/Series/'

Of course, there is no NFO file anywhere to be seen, and "selected folder contains a single tv show" unchecked. I understand that is a silly error, and your time is precious, but this little thing is driving me mad. Do you have a clue about what might be happening?
I have the exact same issue as mundodisco. I have two folders on my external Hard Drive, Films and Series. Both are organized pretty good. Every movie has it's own correctly named folder. Every TV-Show is organized as Series/NameoftheTvShow/Seasonnr/Episode.avi.
Here's the catch, when I update only my Series folder, it's all working as intended. No sign of Genius Series. When I update my movie folder however, I get the Genius series in my TV-Shows.

The information for both TV-shows and movies is pointing to the correct folders (L:\Series and L:\Films, not L:\). I have the "selected folder contains a single tv show" option unchecked. For Movie search, it doesn't seem to matter wether or not I uncheck 'scan recursively' or the 'movies are in separate folders that match the movie title'. I always get the Genius Series added to my library.

My XBMC log is here (http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1178)
The Log shows the same thing as mentioned above, on line 272: DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'L:\Series\'

I could of course exclude my movie folder from the automatic search, but a solution would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV-series are added in the library like Genius Series0