Win [SOLVED] Moved XBMC and NAS to a new network. New TV shows won't scan.
Log file attached. You can see the scan is clearly checking the root "movies" directory, the existing movies directories, and the existing tv directories, but NOT the root TV directory. So it's not seeing any new TV shows I add. I've already pointed XBMC to the new IP address of my MySQL server. Is there something else I'm missing? Really stumped here. Note: I removed all but the first and lost movie / tv show from the scan log below so this would fit in the post.

Code:
00:42:15 T:5348  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
00:42:16 T:5348   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'smb://DISKSTATION/movies/' as not in the database
00:42:16 T:916   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-51.dll)
00:42:17 T:916   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avcodec-53.dll)
00:42:17 T:5348   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://DISKSTATION/movies/
00:42:17 T:5348   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://DISKSTATION/movies/12 Monkeys (1995) - 1080P Bluray/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:42:18 T:5348   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://DISKSTATION/movies/Zombieland (2009) - 1080P Bluray/' due to no change (fasthash)
00:42:18 T:5348   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://DISKSTATION/tv/24/
00:42:21 T:5348   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://DISKSTATION/tv/Wire in the Blood/
00:42:21 T:5348  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:06
00:42:21 T:5348   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc
00:42:21 T:5348   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 8, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished
Check the path table in your database for paths with content set. In particular, check that smb://DISKSTATION/tv/ has content set to "tvshows".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm not quite sure I understand.

I see no entry in the "path" table with attribute "strPath" set to just "smb://DISKSTATION/tv/". I do see a similar one for movies. Is this what I'm missing?
I solved this in three steps, for anyone else who has this problem.

1. In MySQL, go to the "paths" table, and find the row where strPath is equal to your TV directory. If you have the same symptoms as me, you'll probably note that a bunch of the columns that should be filled out are NULL. Or maybe this record doesn't even exist. If it's there, delete it.

2. In XBMC, go to Video --> Files --> Add source. Pick your TV directory and make sure to set it to recognize that these are TV shows and to query the right metadata provider.

3. In MySQL, check that a new entry was made in paths. You'll see that all the columns are properly filled out now, like strContent, strScraper, etc.

After doing this, when updating the library, new shows I have added are recognized.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Moved XBMC and NAS to a new network. New TV shows won't scan.0