Keeps scanning folder as one Tv Show
to be clear, it scans all the sub folders as differnt tv shows as intended, and then it continues to add the entire folder(named animation) as a TV show called Ray the animation. I have removed the folder from the files list, deleted all the info from XBMC and did a clean of the library and then added it back, and scanned the folder again and it still happens. very annoying. i have the settings "scan folder as one tv show" unticked btw, although the very 1st time i scanned it i had it ticked by accident, but removed and cleaned and added it back then, unticked.

Where am i going wrong??!?
anybody have any ideas? am i gonna just have to reinstall the whole thing?
maybe try posting a full debug log while running a scan and someone might be able to take a look through it.
Just to be clear: please upload a copy of your debug log (wiki) to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post just the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply. Thanks.
I've seen this before. XBMC will basically see the folder as both a "show" and as a folder of shows. Make a new text document with the following content and save it as advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder (wiki):

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>-trailer</regexp>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/]sample[-._ \\/]</regexp>
    <regexp>animation</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

This will prevent the word "animation" from triggering a scraper match and adding it to the library.
I assume you have something like this...

C:\TV\Show 1
C:\TV\Show 2
C:\TV\animation
C:\TV\Show 3
C:\TV\Show 4

or similar?

If so, you will have your media source as C:\TV

It will see the "animation" folder inside there as another show

I would suggest moving the entire animation folder out of there so you have

C:\TV\
C:\animation\

Add it the "animation" one as a new source and set its content to TV. All the shows should still appear in one place (your TV SHows section) but shouldn't have the "Ray the animation" problem. It would prevent you from having to exclude the word "animation" from searches, in case you every do genuinely want to add a show/movie that contains this word

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keeps scanning folder as one Tv Show0