New build or rebuild?!
(2012-10-27, 18:56)newtothis Wrote: Would a 160w pico be ok for this? i have made a huge error working out the power supply?
Yes...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thank you bluray,ordering it today

Your a LEGEND
Sorry to bump this thread!

After getting to the bottom of the pico error (learnt lesson,get more organised!) Got openelec on the htpc and its seems to be running well,but i keep getting MACHINE CHECK ERROR on boot,
I have run memtest and all the memory passed fine (2 sticks of 2gb) I don't think it could be the cpu...i3 3225 (idling at around 40c)

Could i have a duff motherboard? Looking around the web i seen that a few Asrock boards can suffer from this? or am i missing something totally clear and in front of me!

with thanks as ever
newtothis
A machine check exception occurs when an internal fault is detected in between your CPU and mainboard.

try to Prime95 your system and see if u get bad results.

if u do, rma CPU.

if all good, RMA motherboard
Thanks for the tips Esko,going to give Prime95 a test this afternoon, will post back with results! going to give the ulimate boot cd a try

Thank you!
(2012-11-17, 13:06)newtothis Wrote: Sorry to bump this thread!

After getting to the bottom of the pico error (learnt lesson,get more organised!) Got openelec on the htpc and its seems to be running well,but i keep getting MACHINE CHECK ERROR on boot,
Could it OpenElec related? lockdown571 said this about OpenElec-

"Okay, I know this is an old topic, but I essentially had the exactly same problem, and I wanted to avoid this sort of situation for people in the future. I also had an Asrock mobo and was using OpenELEC. I was seeing this error about one in five boots, and now I've booted about 20 times and haven't seen it again. This is how I fixed it:

It began after I reinstalled OpenELEC, and during the install, it asked something like "existing GPT table detected, do you want to keep it? (yes recommended)". Not knowing any better I said yes. Apparently you can see this error if the partition table gets messed up (unfortunately, I have since forgotten where I read that). So I reinstalled again and this time told it not to keep the existing GPT, and the problem has not returned since.
"

Sorry I don't use OpenElec, and I cannot help you further......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the tips guys, I thought it might be openelec,but i got also with xbmcunbutu and windows..

But after running prime all night with no errors,i noticed that by defult the voltage of the ram is set to 1.575 and my ram is 1.375... Could this be it maybe?

and after running prime all night,my temps are far better (in windows,don't know about openelec)

All the best

and thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build or rebuild?!0