Problem with NFS playback
Hello,

I'm having trouble getting NFS to work.
I opened the ports 111, 1058, 2049 in Windows Firewall.
I configured HaneWIN, added a share as a test.
First thing when I add the directory to XBMC, it adds my movies but they have no poster, it's just black. I need to go to info and add the locally stored .tbn located with the movie.
And when I try to play a movie I either get 1 or 2 seconds of video before it stops or I get nothing...

Here's my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11302

Hope someone can give it a look.
Thanks.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Anyone?
To me it sounds like HaneWin is the problem. I have used it before but it has always given me problems with XBMC so I either end up using SMP or FTP. Try another protocol an see what happens, if something else works fine then HaneWin is probably the problem.
NFS works fine for me... I have a synology nas. I suspect your nfs service is the problem. I have seen many people complain about problems with that software before.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
The NFS implementation in the version of XBMC you are using is outdated.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-10-26, 00:04)block134 Wrote: To me it sounds like HaneWin is the problem. I have used it before but it has always given me problems with XBMC so I either end up using SMP or FTP. Try another protocol an see what happens, if something else works fine then HaneWin is probably the problem.
Did you mean SMB by SMP? IF yes this is what I'm using right now and I have some buffering issues.
Reading the wiki FTP is not recommended for streaming so...

(2012-10-26, 05:40)Livin Wrote: NFS works fine for me... I have a synology nas. I suspect your nfs service is the problem. I have seen many people complain about problems with that software before.
What are you using then? Reading the wiki it seems the other options don't work with larger files (1:1 copies of my blurays in mkvs).

(2012-10-26, 10:16)Memphiz Wrote: The NFS implementation in the version of XBMC you are using is outdated.
Can you elaborate please? I'm a novice.
Are you talking about HaneWin?
Big Grin 
Quote:Did you mean SMB by SMP? IF yes this is what I'm using right now and I have some buffering issues.
Reading the wiki FTP is not recommended for streaming so...

Yes SMB

Quote:What are you using then? Reading the wiki it seems the other options don't work with larger files (1:1 copies of my blurays in mkvs).

The synology nas isn't a windows system so for its NFS protocol it doesn't use HaneWin which is why it works. When I use the NFS on my UnRaid server I dont have anyproblems with XBMC, when I use HaneWin on windows I do.

Quote:Can you elaborate please? I'm a novice.
Are you talking about HaneWin?

I am guessing that he means that the NFS in the version of XBMC Eden that you are using is outdated and that the one in the alpha of XBMC Frodo should work better. The only problem with alphas and betas is that there is always a chance of other things being broken since they are still going through the developmental phase.

Something else you can try is to check your network since you say you are having problems with SMB as well. You may also want to make sure everything is up to date such Windows and all your drivers. You can also try to do a defrag on the computer that has the media stored on it and see if that helps.
If using smb makes your videos stutter/buffer than you'll be lucky if nfs fixes it. Streaming hd video over smb works fine even on 100mb networks

Look into fixing the root cause... Network drivers, bad cabling, network saturated, etc.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
To be honest it's only when fast forwarding that it buffers.
I just thought overall NFS was better than SMB...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with NFS playback0