TV Shows not updating anymore
Hey I am having the similar problem!!!!!

I am using ember Media as well to scrap everything. Some TV shows are loaded and other are not this stated about 3-4 weeks ago at first I thought it was a naming problem from sorttv.py on my files but that doesn't seem to be it as I have been monitoring the files. All the files have NFO's from Ember so I am at a loss.

I am using the Mysql database on a central server, with the thumbnails on the server as well. Eden version 11.
HTPC 1 - ZOTAC IONITX-G-E Intel Atom 330 4 gig ,60 gig SSD, XBMCbuntu, Harmony 1100
HTPC 2 - Pivos XIOS - Linux XBMC
HTPC 3 - RaspberryPi B -Raspbmc
Server - ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU 4 gig Ram, 11 TB, MySQL, shared thumbnails
SABNZBD - sickbeard - Couch Potato - headphones

Rocketfish WirelessHD Adapter (model RF-WHD100)
benq W100
Yeah i'm using the Mysql database aswell but not Ember, such a strange problem Sad
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Here's my experiment, and so far it's worked on "The Mentalist", where I've had 2 episodes from season 5 not scanned in.

Remove the tvshow.nfo from the tvshow root directory.
Remove the show from the library (through the videos menu)
Scan for new content (through the files menu so that I could just hit the tv database)

Success. This time anyhow. That's the only show that's been giving me problems for now... but I will be adding more episodes to "Lost" soon, which has been a repeat offender. So, the problem may be the tvshow.nfo. Not sure. After Sunday, when a new episode of The Mentalist airs, I'll export the library to have xbmc generate a tvshow.nfo, and then see if I can scan in the new episode.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Also I was wondering if anyone had a way of finding out what tvshows are missing from the library? I don't want to have to start going through 140 shows with multiple seasons to compare the library vs the File list.

Thanks

edit for sp
HTPC 1 - ZOTAC IONITX-G-E Intel Atom 330 4 gig ,60 gig SSD, XBMCbuntu, Harmony 1100
HTPC 2 - Pivos XIOS - Linux XBMC
HTPC 3 - RaspberryPi B -Raspbmc
Server - ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU 4 gig Ram, 11 TB, MySQL, shared thumbnails
SABNZBD - sickbeard - Couch Potato - headphones

Rocketfish WirelessHD Adapter (model RF-WHD100)
benq W100
There's this add-on, though I've never used it.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
My bet is you can't reproduce it if the tvshow.nfo file isn't present. These things only ever seem to be correlated with said files being there.

That said, if you can get a foolproof way to reproduce it on a small, simple filesystem that you can share with us, then we'd welcome it Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It is not a XBMC problem, its a TVDB policy problem.

I started seeing the issue described in this thread yesterday. The real problem, and some of you can see it by opening http://www.thetvdb.com/ on their browsers, is that TVDB thinks my computer has a virus and they block the connection by showing a captcha screen.

My computer doesn't have a virus, they are wrong, but it is behind a NAT put by my ISP outside my control, so what TVDB is probably seeing is a lot of computers connecting (from the same ISP), and that's what they detect as "suspicious".

Strange thing is that my ISP changes the IP address on that NAT every day. After that change I still can't scrap the new content, same error on XBMC... I haven't figured out how to fix this.

The problem is not reproducible for anyone, just for some of us. The second problem is that XBMC doesn't have an alternative to TVDB, I've searched the forums for a long time.
Cheers for the headsup rb07
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

I've been having the same problem for a few days now..... Sad
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2012-11-16, 19:33)rb07 Wrote: It is not a XBMC problem, its a TVDB policy problem.

thanks for the heads up mate - but should XBMC be looking at tvdb if Ember is doing all the work?
(2012-11-16, 23:01)5aq1b Wrote: thanks for the heads up mate - but should XBMC be looking at tvdb if Ember is doing all the work?

I don't use Ember, and the problem I was making reference is, simply put, the inability of XBMC to fully add new content.

XBMC does detect the new files, but when it tries to scrape the episode info TBDB refuses the connection, XBMC shows the panel telling you it could not contact ... blah, blah, and asking if you want to continue the scan; the new episode is not added to the library.

My guess about Ember is that it needs to be configured (both XBMC and Ember) so it really does all the work, you probably have XBMC trying to repeat the same work, and maybe discards what Ember added. Is either that, or we are talking about different problems.
I can concur that, even with a .nfo created with MediaElch, the episodes are not being added.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
After 2 days it started working today.

It looks like TvDb is using cookies to track users, hence access using my Web browser only got one block, even when IP address changes.
Mines still not working. I can navigate to tvdb.com successfully from my xbmc machine
Mine works 2 days, then doesn't one day, and back to working the next day.

My ISP changes IP everyday, so it looks like thetvdv.com is just blacklisting some of them. I even left a message when it wasn't working, but that was after connecting through the browser presented the screen explaining why I was being blocked (the box to leave a message is there).

Perhaps we are looking at different problems with TheTVdB, one of them is the blocking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows not updating anymore0