• 7(current)
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon
According to the log:
Code:
17:35:44 T:2974989120  NOTICE: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Shutting down
17:35:44 T:2974989120   DEBUG: ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Switch Backlight to: 0
17:35:50 T:3007551296   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 1 (/home/kevin/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.lcdproc/lcdmain.py) to stop
17:35:50 T:3007551296   DEBUG: python thread 1 (/home/kevin/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.lcdproc/lcdmain.py) destructed
17:35:50 T:3007551296   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.xbmc.lcdproc has been uninstalled.'
the addon doesn't hold things up, so the hang is unrelated to XBMC driving LCDproc. Might be related to the mysql configuration (I don't use mysql as backend and have never experienced any hangs on shutdown or reboot), so maybe try disabling that. Maybe someone else using XBMCbuntu can shed some light on this, but that should go to the right forum then.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
UPDATE: After sleeping a night about this, I remember the lirc rc script playing funny games and causing troubles like you describe. If your shutdown hang originates from there, the fix is easy:

In /etc/init.d/lirc at line 205 ff., you'll find the "stop" action, with "in_kernel_support enable" being the first command executed. Comment out "in_kernel_support enable" by putting a hash (#) in front of it, save the file and then check if the problem is gone.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
Thumbs Up 
(2013-02-12, 08:20)herrnst Wrote: UPDATE: After sleeping a night about this, I remember the lirc rc script playing funny games and causing troubles like you describe. If your shutdown hang originates from there, the fix is easy:

In /etc/init.d/lirc at line 205 ff., you'll find the "stop" action, with "in_kernel_support enable" being the first command executed. Comment out "in_kernel_support enable" by putting a hash (#) in front of it, save the file and then check if the problem is gone.

It looks like that fixed it! I have rebooted/shutdown the system at least 10 times without one issue. Everything is working and its running very smooth now.

Thanks for the help!
Hello,

I'm facing issues with progress bar on my Futaba DM-140GINK VFD display in Scaleo E case. It's not displaying anymore. It worked fine on the built-in LCD management in XBMC but after turninig of the LCD functionality on XBMC and enabling your LCDproc addon it stopped working. Is it possible to restore the progress bar to be displayed in the text line? My display doesn't have special progress bar.

Thanx
Hi,

seems like you've hit either a configuration problem (wrong driver?) or a bug within LCDproc's driver for your specific hardware. The way progress bars are currently drawn (using LCDproc's native hbar widgets) can't get any more standarized, and the way it was previously done (by putting special rom chars in a standard text line) relied on having loads of character translation tables for many display types, and worked for HD44780-displays but not e.g. for imonlcd's or graphlcd-driven displays. I suppose you're using the serialVFD driver (as your display doesn't seem to be directly supported by LCDproc) ?

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
That's right, my display is not supported by native LCDproc, but after weeks of digging the internet I finally found a driver written by someone. This allowed me to make the display run with LCDproc at all. The progress bat could be diplayed as well with following format [yyyyy ]. After switching to LCDproc addon everythink works like a charm besides the bar. I'm just wondering if the progress bar could be drawn using normal text characters, not sending hbar or some other commands to LCDproc server. Probably my driver is not recognizing the command

Regards,
Greg
Yeah, the [yyy ] display (or any other random character) was previously the case with any display having a non-100%-HD44780-compatible character rom.

If it's really a custom driver, probably the h/vbar widget is not (properly) implemented there, so maybe the original author should check that (when no matching characters are inside your displays character rom, it should at least be implemented like it's done with pseudo-displays like curses or xosd by drawing something like [===- ]).

If it is implemented, you might try setting "<progressbarsurroundings>off</progressbarsurroundings>" in your LCD.xml, maybe the bracket drawing somehow overdraws the bars on your display.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
I've already tried setting the progressbar variable without success. Idon't know the author of the driver hence it's easier for me to modify a little your addon, replacing h/vbat commands with normal text eg. [xxxxxx ]. I can do it by myself with your little assist, if you don't mind Wink What functions in python scripts have to be modified then?

Regards
Greg
Thanks for the script, but is it possible to turn off the display when the system is shutdown? It works if i suspend the system (xbmc)?
(2013-03-24, 09:03)Gregory Wrote: I've already tried setting the progressbar variable without success. Idon't know the author of the driver hence it's easier for me to modify a little your addon, replacing h/vbat commands with normal text eg. [xxxxxx ]. I can do it by myself with your little assist, if you don't mind Wink What functions in python scripts have to be modified then?

You might try the modified driver patch from this forum posting at htpc-forum.de - the author says he has modified the dm140 driver to support the hbar widgets (that should definitely be the way to go!).

If you really want to modify the addon, you probably want to look at resources/lib/lcdproc.py in the function SetLine(), and fiddle around with the stuff that handles the PROGRESSBAR line type.

(2013-03-24, 11:06)immo Wrote: Thanks for the script, but is it possible to turn off the display when the system is shutdown?
You might try to play with the "Backlight=" setting in the [server]-section in your LCDd.conf (try "Backlight=open"), or any display-driver specific setting (for the imonlcd, "OnExit=2" helps alot).

(2013-03-24, 11:06)immo Wrote: It works if i suspend the system (xbmc)?
Please have a look at this workaround in the addon wiki.

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Quote:
(2013-03-24, 11:06)immo Wrote: Thanks for the script, but is it possible to turn off the display when the system is shutdown?
You might try to play with the "Backlight=" setting in the [server]-section in your LCDd.conf (try "Backlight=open"), or any display-driver specific setting (for the imonlcd, "OnExit=2" helps alot).

(2013-03-24, 11:06)immo Wrote: It works if i suspend the system (xbmc)?
Please have a look at this workaround in the addon wiki.

It works on suspend.I will try the Backlight=open setting now. OnExit=2 was already set.
The python script is only needed if the lcd doesn't shutdown on suspend right?

Edit: Option Backlight=Open worked! Thanks!
(2013-03-24, 11:37)immo Wrote: The python script is only needed if the lcd doesn't shutdown on suspend right?
Correct, the additional script only fixes/improves suspend/resume.

(2013-03-24, 11:37)immo Wrote: Edit: Option Backlight=Open worked! Thanks!
Fine, glad it works for you now Wink

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Thanx for the link, I tried the recompiled driver but it's not working as expected. In the meantime I finally managed to modify the lcdproc.py script to display the progress bar. Now it looks like this: ***--------------. Additionally I did a translation of diacritic characters. So finally it works like a charm on my display. Many thanx for your help

Regards
Greg
Hrm. Bad luck then it seems, sorry I couldn't help more with this (maybe there's some USB ID missing in the "enhanced" driver?)...
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Actually I don't know. That "enhenced" driver causes a mess on my display, so I restored the previous one. Finally everything works with the configuration so I'm not gonna figure out why the driver is not working well. Easier for me is to modify things that I have influence on.

Thanx
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LCDproc Python addon2