• 9(current)
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon
(2013-04-28, 19:47)Poncho Wrote: my LCD.xml looks like following:

Two things:
- Please use all lowercase letters in the XML elements (I see you have a capital G in "General"). If that improves things, I know what to fix next Wink
- There's no "navigation" option for disableonplay, so you may aswell remove that Wink BTW, that stuff will be configurable via GUI in 1.3.0/2.3.0.

(2013-04-28, 19:47)Poncho Wrote: my LCDd.conf looks like following (some long comments removed to shorten it):

Looks ok, especially regarding the ServerScreen option. For something else, as you also use an imonvfd (judging from the config): Do you also experience such a "mirror/duplication" issue like aircooler reported above?

(2013-04-28, 19:47)Poncho Wrote: If you need any log, or debug just tell me how (I'm a pretty noob at Linux but willing to learn Wink)

Interesting would be xbmc.log during initialization. If the above didn't fix anything yet, a communication log (TCP traffic) on TCP port 13666 and the loopback (lo) interface would be very interesting to read. You can do this e.g. with ngrep as root (make sure the package is installed - on Debian and Ubuntu, the package is simply named "ngrep"):

Code:
# ngrep -W byline -d lo -p 13666

Start sniffing the traffic, then reproduce the problem, and then just pastebin the terminal output.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
(2013-04-28, 20:16)herrnst Wrote: Two things:
- Please use all lowercase letters in the XML elements (I see you have a capital G in "General"). If that improves things, I know what to fix next Wink

Ok, just tested it and it has been the capital G in "General" i changed it to "general" now its working like it should.

Thanks
Quote:(Yesterday 00:59)aircooler Wrote:
Often getting some kind of errors on the screen. It always happen on the top line.

line 1: Home HOME
line 2: Programs

In that example capital "HOME" appear from time to time. Sometimes its every 20 seconds,
sometimes few times per second. Home is just a example, any other screen can have this issue.
Its something like mirror of the beginning line. Issue is always from start, but another restart make it
appear less often.

Strange. Never heard of such an issue until now, even from other imonvfd users, and I cannot think of any reason (caused by the addon) that would cause that. What exact version are you using? If you're installing from the addon repo, can you try the current version from GIT master?

@all: Did anyone else notice such behavior yet, even with any other display hardware?

Thank you for reply.

Looks like the issue has nothing to do with plugin. Just tested VFD with internal support in openelec - same issue.

Regards
Andrzej
Hi and wow, what a decision to scrap the old LCDproc from XBMC 13.x :-(

Dos anybody knows, if there is any Groups working on the new LCDproc Python prog, to Raspberry, using GPIO intarface ?
I believe that many Raspberry LCD's is going Black from XBMC 13.x :-(

Best regards
(2013-06-07, 10:31)delinend Wrote: Dos anybody knows, if there is any Groups working on the new LCDproc Python prog, to Raspberry, using GPIO intarface ?

The switch from the core LCDproc support to the Python addon won't have any impact on general support of specific hardware. Both variants are/were interfacing to and relied upon LCDproc, which in itself does the hardware communication, and thus also drives displays connected to the GPIO pins of the RPi. So, if it worked in general before, it also will now, unless anything in LCDproc is changed/scrapped.

(NB: AFAIK you need a quite recent LCDproc version for RPi GPIO support)

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
(2013-06-07, 12:22)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-06-07, 10:31)delinend Wrote: Dos anybody knows, if there is any Groups working on the new LCDproc Python prog, to Raspberry, using GPIO intarface ?

The switch from the core LCDproc support to the Python addon won't have any impact on general support of specific hardware. Both variants are/were interfacing to and relied upon LCDproc, which in itself does the hardware communication, and thus also drives displays connected to the GPIO pins of the RPi. So, if it worked in general before, it also will now, unless anything in LCDproc is changed/scrapped.

(NB: AFAIK you need a quite recent LCDproc version for RPi GPIO support)

Regards,
nst

Hi. Thanks for reply.

There was a groupe here http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...35&t=15967, that made LCDproc possible via GPIO on a Raspberry. They only made a new hd44780.so driver, to OpenElec XBMC. But from 13.x, the included LCDproc installatione is gone. And it is not simple, to install LCDproc on a read-only system :-(
We also have to define the GPIO pin-outs, in the LCDd.conf file, and assign the "rpi" connection type, to get it to Work. It was verry easy to setup. :-)

When I install the XBMC LCDproc from the 13.x addons lib, I can only see *.py files getting installed ?

Best regards.
(2013-06-07, 12:46)delinend Wrote: There was a groupe here http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...35&t=15967, that made LCDproc possible via GPIO on a Raspberry. They only made a new hd44780.so driver, to OpenElec XBMC. But from 13.x, the included LCDproc installatione is gone. And it is not simple, to install LCDproc on a read-only system :-(
As said, both ways are dependant on LCDproc itself. If LCDproc is missing, not running or not configured correctly, neither core LCD support or the addon will work. This ain't a fault of the addon or the process of replacing one with the other Smile

(2013-06-07, 12:46)delinend Wrote: When I install the XBMC LCDproc from the 13.x addons lib, I can only see *.py files getting installed ?
This is correct, and "all" should show up as "XBMC LCDproc" in the addon manager of XBMC (from where you can set up everything).

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2013-06-07, 15:23)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-06-07, 12:46)delinend Wrote: There was a groupe here http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...35&t=15967, that made LCDproc possible via GPIO on a Raspberry. They only made a new hd44780.so driver, to OpenElec XBMC. But from 13.x, the included LCDproc installatione is gone. And it is not simple, to install LCDproc on a read-only system :-(
As said, both ways are dependant on LCDproc itself. If LCDproc is missing, not running or not configured correctly, neither core LCD support or the addon will work. This ain't a fault of the addon or the process of replacing one with the other Smile

(2013-06-07, 12:46)delinend Wrote: When I install the XBMC LCDproc from the 13.x addons lib, I can only see *.py files getting installed ?
This is correct, and "all" should show up as "XBMC LCDproc" in the addon manager of XBMC (from where you can set up everything).

Regards,
nst

Thanks.. :-)

Yes, thats my point. The LCDproc Core is now removed from XBMC 13 Alpha (Gotham), so any Addon's will also not work anymore, without the Core (lib's) :-(
(2013-06-07, 15:45)delinend Wrote: Yes, thats my point. The LCDproc Core is now removed from XBMC 13 Alpha (Gotham), so any Addon's will also not work anymore, without the Core (lib's) :-(
Note: With "core", I mean the LCDproc "interface" which has been removed via https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2151 (and replaced by script.xbmc.lcdproc). What's missing on YOUR side is the LCDproc server, which has to be running alongside XBMC as a system service, like e.g. udev, cpufreqd and stuff.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2013-06-07, 15:56)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-06-07, 15:45)delinend Wrote: Yes, thats my point. The LCDproc Core is now removed from XBMC 13 Alpha (Gotham), so any Addon's will also not work anymore, without the Core (lib's) :-(
Note: With "core", I mean the LCDproc "interface" which has been removed via https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2151 (and replaced by script.xbmc.lcdproc). What's missing on YOUR side is the LCDproc server, which has to be running alongside XBMC as a system service, like e.g. udev, cpufreqd and stuff.

Arr okay. I understand now. Thanks :-)

So there is a challenge, to get the LCDproc server up and running, on the OpenElec again, so that we can you the addon. Do you know anyone working on that part ? Maybe they shuld have leaved the LCDproc server on OpenElec, so that we can use your XBMC LCDproc addon/interface.

To understand it better... Is it the OpenElec Group, that have removed the LCDproc server, or was LCDproc a part of the XBMC build ?

Sorry.. I try to clear it out :-( I can't see, how to use the XBMC LCDproc from release 13 anymore, when some components is missing. Sorry for all my questions...

Best regards.
(2013-06-07, 16:41)delinend Wrote:
(2013-06-07, 15:56)herrnst Wrote:

Arr okay. I understand now. Thanks :-)

So there is a challenge, to get the LCDproc server up and running, on the OpenElec again, so that we can you the addon. Do you know anyone working on that part ? Maybe they shuld have leaved the LCDproc server on OpenElec, so that we can use your XBMC LCDproc addon/interface.

To understand it better... Is it the OpenElec Group, that have removed the LCDproc server, or was LCDproc a part of the XBMC build ?

Sorry.. I try to clear it out :-( I can't see, how to use the XBMC LCDproc from release 13 anymore, when some components is missing. Sorry for all my questions...

Best regards.

Problem solved.. :-)
LCDproc server, is back in the Gotham alpha build again, and I can now use the LCDproc addon with it. Super !!

Best regards.
Hi.

The XBMC.lcdproc addon Works great now. But I see a small problem...

I use HD44780 display in 20x2, and when I add $INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] in the Video tag, the $INFO[LCD.ProgressBar] is not working any more, in line #2, when playing Videos ?!?

Here is my LCD.xml:
Code:
<lcd>
   <!-- set this to video,music to disable the LCD on playback of music and video-->
   <disableonplay></disableonplay>
   <progressbarsurroundings>on</progressbarsurroundings>
   <scrollseparator>*</scrollseparator>
   <navigation>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentWindow]</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentControl]</line>
   </navigation>
   <music>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] $INFO[Player.Time]/$INFO[Player.Duration]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album] ($INFO[MusicPlayer.Year])</line>
   </music>
   <video>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon]$INFO[LCD.AlignCenter]$INFO[Player.Time]/$INFO[Player.Duration]</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.ProgressBar]</line>
   </video>
   <general>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.AlignCenter]XBMC</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.AlignCenter]$INFO[System.Time] $INFO[System.Date]</line>
   </general>
   <screensaver>
      <line>$INFO[System.CurrentWindow]</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.TimeWide21]</line>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.TimeWide22]</line>
      <line>Freemem: $INFO[System.FreeMemory]</line>
   </screensaver>
   <xbelaunch>
      <line></line>
      <line>Playing</line>
      <line>$INFO[System.LaunchXBE]</line>
   </xbelaunch>
   <pvrtv>
      <line>$INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelName]</line>
      <line>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title]</line>
   </pvrtv>
   <pvrradio>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.ChannelName]</line>
      <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]</line>
   </pvrradio>
</lcd>

My [ and ] is showing, but no Progress bars is comming on the display.

Any ideas ?? If I remove the $INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] all works..

Use OpenElec 3.0.5 official build, with XBMC.lcdproc addon 2.2.1

Thanks for great works...

Best regards
(2013-06-13, 15:36)delinend Wrote: I use HD44780 display in 20x2, and when I add $INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] in the Video tag, the $INFO[LCD.ProgressBar] is not working any more, in line #2, when playing Videos ?!?

Here is my LCD.xml:
Code:
<lcd>
   <video>
      <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon]$INFO[LCD.AlignCenter]$INFO[Player.Time]/$INFO[Player.Duration]</line>
   </video>
</lcd>

I cannot reproduce this with my SoundGraph iMON LCD, and unfortunately, I don't have a HD44780(-compatible) display at hands, so this'll be a bit "difficult" to reproduce for me. I've spoken to many others using such a display but haven't heard of any issue like this yet. Generally, by now utilising native widgets from LCDproc instead of writing special chars to text lines, this SHOULD be handled by the specific LCDproc driver in some way. As you wrote earlier, you're using a (very new) specially for the RPi crafted HD44780 driver, so there might be some issues left within that driver regarding that - maybe you can try the display on a "normal" PC. Another option would be to manually launch LCDproc when logged in to the box and not fork it into the background, then see if any warnings appear when the combination of the two things is used.

@ALL: Did anyone else also experience such problems especially with HD44780-type displays?

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2013-06-14, 08:41)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 15:36)delinend Wrote: I use HD44780 display in 20x2, and when I add $INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] in the Video tag, the $INFO[LCD.ProgressBar] is not working any more, in line #2, when playing Videos ?!?

Here is my LCD.xml:
Code:
<lcd>
   <video>
   </video>
</lcd>

I cannot reproduce this with my SoundGraph iMON LCD, and unfortunately, I don't have a HD44780(-compatible) display at hands, so this'll be a bit "difficult" to reproduce for me. I've spoken to many others using such a display but haven't heard of any issue like this yet. Generally, by now utilising native widgets from LCDproc instead of writing special chars to text lines, this SHOULD be handled by the specific LCDproc driver in some way. As you wrote earlier, you're using a (very new) specially for the RPi crafted HD44780 driver, so there might be some issues left within that driver regarding that - maybe you can try the display on a "normal" PC. Another option would be to manually launch LCDproc when logged in to the box and not fork it into the background, then see if any warnings appear when the combination of the two things is used.

@ALL: Did anyone else also experience such problems especially with HD44780-type displays?

Regards,
nst

Thanks for reply nst.

I have now tested some new things, that is strange, when I swoop lines around ?!? Huh

This here Works okay !!!
Code:
<video>
      <line>* $INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] *</line>
</video>

And this dos NOT Work !!
Code:
<video>
</video>

Here half in a movie, where there is not Progressbar Graphics.

Btw. The manuel start of LCDd (server), shows now errors.
Code:
openelec:~ # LCDd -c /storage/.config/LCDd.conf -d hd44780 -s true
setup_gpio: gpio pin 24 - Mapped to 24
setup_gpio: gpio pin 25 - Mapped to 25
setup_gpio: gpio pin 22 - Mapped to 22
setup_gpio: gpio pin 27 - Mapped to 27
setup_gpio: gpio pin 17 - Mapped to 17
setup_gpio: gpio pin 23 - Mapped to 23
setup_gpio: gpio pin 18 - Mapped to 18
openelec:~ #

And here my advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<lcd>
  <dimonscreensave>true</dimonscreensave>
  <scrolldelay>2</scrolldelay>
  <rows>2</rows>           <!-- Number of rows to use for the LCD. -->
  <columns>20</columns>    <!-- Number of columns to use for the LCD. -->
  <address1>0</address1>   <!-- Memory address for row 1. -->
  <address2>20</address2>  <!-- Memory address for row 2. -->
  <heartbeat>false</heartbeat> <!-- Enables LCDprocs heartbeat symbol. Defaults to false. -->
</lcd>
I have tryed to remove the <address1> and <address2> tag's, but no luke.

Best regards.
(2013-06-14, 09:53)delinend Wrote: This here Works okay !!!
Code:
<video>
</video>

And this dos NOT Work !!
Code:
<video>
</video>
So with the progress bar at line 1 it works, and at line 2 it doesn't? BTW, the PlayIcon always at the left is expected and intentional.

(2013-06-14, 09:53)delinend Wrote: And here my advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<lcd>
  <dimonscreensave>true</dimonscreensave>
  <scrolldelay>2</scrolldelay>
  <rows>2</rows>           <!-- Number of rows to use for the LCD. -->
  <columns>20</columns>    <!-- Number of columns to use for the LCD. -->
  <address1>0</address1>   <!-- Memory address for row 1. -->
  <address2>20</address2>  <!-- Memory address for row 2. -->
  <heartbeat>false</heartbeat> <!-- Enables LCDprocs heartbeat symbol. Defaults to false. -->
</lcd>
I have tryed to remove the <address1> and <address2> tag's, but no luke.
Those options don't have any effect anyway - you can safely leave out the "rows/columns/address*" lines. The dimonscreensave is missing an "r" at the end, and only recognises "music" or "video" as keywords (comma-separated).

For the bar issue, you can try adding
Code:
<progressbarsurroundings>off</progressbarsurroundings>
to your LCD.xml.
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LCDproc Python addon2