Win Tips on smooth playback?
Hi folks, just upgraded my TV from a hd ready 32" samsung to an LG 42" full hd. I am wondering; what are the best settings to use for smooth playback?

What desktop refreshrates and what settings do people generally use?

I'm not getting fully smooth playback, there's some slight judder from time to time, and maybe a form of motion artifacting sometimes when people move, sort of in blocks/pixels.

This is more pc/xbmc related as using the TV's internal network playback bit I don't get the same sort of issues.

There any tweaks in the nvidia settings and such to tweak?

Tried adjust display refresh rate to match video which causes the audio to go out of sync.

Sync playback to display using video clock seems to produce the best out of those options but it isn't perfect.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Ah, I think i've solved things by turning true motion off. That was causing the artifacts and making movies look like real news footage.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Come on guys I need some help here. 60hrtz refreshrate is causing some after flicker on fast moving things, setting it to 24 fixes this but then the sound goes out of synch in xbmc. There is no winning.

I am using adjust refreshrate with snyc playback disables. Works perfect for me.
What model LG do you have? Are you using the movie preset? Are you streaming video over a network or directly from pc? I'm just guessing, but try turning on optimize video quality during playback in advanced power settings> multimedia settings, max out the quality settings in Nvidia, and turn on triple buffering + vertical sync, and make sure drivers are updated. Also, what is your video source and have you tried more than 1? I use 60hz refresh rate.
Mostly solved now, (tv is 42ls575t) using adjust refresh rate (sync playback options don't do squat) and I am using audio delay settings in advancedsettings.xml. Really for such a huge ass issue this setting needs to be in the gui.

In fact it is about time that all the advanced settings where put into the gui, and then xbmc wont have to be reloaded every time something is changed.

That annoyingness aside though, it is more or less solved.

On a weird note though, the adjust refresh is putting all videos at 24hrtz (which is fine as they play the smoothest that way) but I thought only blu ray was 24? tv rips and everything switch to 24.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tips on smooth playback?0