Fails to play (some) 720p MKV content
Hi,

I'm running XMBC on ATV2 for a while now, but lately I have more and more issues to play 720p MKV content. It just crashes and goes back to the ATV menu. I hope you can have a look to see what is going on. In this example it's just a regular 720p HD rip of a TV episode.

Platform: ATV2, iOS 5.0.2 (4250)
XMBC: v11.0 (Compiled Apr. 1 2012)
Skin: Aeon Nox
Logs: XBMC Debug Log | Sys Log | CrashReporter

Thanks!
With my limited technical knowledge of XBMC-under-the-hood stuff, I'm not really sure, but can you upload a debug log that also includes startup information? That will most likely help the devs find clues on why this is happening.
The link to the crashreporter doesn't work *sigh*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-11-01, 17:04)Memphiz Wrote: The link to the crashreporter doesn't work *sigh*

Sorry, my bad. I fixed the link. I hope you have enough information now.
Platform: ATV2 iOS 5.0.1 / 4.4.4 | XBMC: 11.0 Eden Beta 2 | Skin: Aeon Nox 2.0
You are crashing because of low memory (the right crashreport would be "/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/LowMemory-2012-10-31-231554.plist" but you don't need to post it cause we can't do anything about it).

Please try a nightly build and see if the problem is fixed. We don't do any eden bugfix releases so you will have to update to frodo after release anyways if you want to get fixes...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok, I'll. Thanks for the reply. But how is it that a MKV file like this crashes, while I can play some other 1080p files which seems to use more memory to me. Can you explain?
Memory usage depends on multiple factors and settings of the encoder like number of ref frames and stuff. When using the hw decoder we most likly run out of gpu memory (not the ram the cpu uses). If you really want it in more detail search around on google a bit about the h.264 specs.
Any suggestions I can make on the settings to lower down the change of a crash? And do you think the latest nightly might help?
latest nighty might help - nothing else i can tell you for a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fails to play (some) 720p MKV content0