Help... DTS to AC3
I am new to all of this and I need a windows program that will convert DTS to AC3 sound as my tv doesn't support DTS.
I think xbmc can do the ac3 conversion on the fly. Unselect dts capable receiver in settings.
If you *really* want to re-encode to AC3, you could try Handbrake or Avidemux. Both are free and there are tutorials on the net for how to use them.

Ciao.
i'm looking for something that is fast. handbrake takes hours to do this. i don't need to convert the video, just the audio
xbmc does it on the fly for you. Just enable ac3 capable receiver and let dts capable receiver disabled. When you play dts stuff then it should transcode it to ac3 on the fly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
First of all, if handbrake takes hours you are not using it correctly.
Second, you most likely don't need it - XBMC will do the transcoding on the fly if you configure your audio correctly.

edit: the user i replied to was a spammer and has been banned....
Popcorn audio converter. It'll demux the audio, convert it and mux it back into the video.
I'm on XBMC 12.0 (not upgrading yet because of HD Homerun Prime DLNA bug). I have a pretty old receiver that supports AC3 but not DTS. My output is 5.1 via Optical/Coax. I've checked AC3 and unchecked DTS. I tried playing a movie with 5.1 DTS, and I don't see any reconversion happening - my receiver only shows PCM, not AC3 3/2.1 as it usually does for surround sound. Any help would be appreciated!

(2013-06-26, 22:19)nivanov Wrote: I'm on XBMC 12.0 (not upgrading yet because of HD Homerun Prime DLNA bug). I have a pretty old receiver that supports AC3 but not DTS. My output is 5.1 via Optical/Coax. I've checked AC3 and unchecked DTS. I tried playing a movie with 5.1 DTS, and I don't see any reconversion happening - my receiver only shows PCM, not AC3 3/2.1 as it usually does for surround sound. Any help would be appreciated!

Nevermind, figured it out! I had the wrong settings: the passthrough device was wrong.
(2012-11-02, 01:08)littlepooch21 Wrote: I am new to all of this and I need a windows program that will convert DTS to AC3 sound as my tv doesn't support DTS.

You may refer to this step by step video guide to convert DTS to AC3

It easily guide me successfully convert my MKV DTS to MKV AC3, hope it also helps for you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help... DTS to AC30