Frodo can't play blu-rays with external player
I've seen this hinted in a few threads, but it's been buried and ignored mostly. I'm using Frodo October monthly (alpha6), which has been great except for the new feature that brings up a menu to let me select a blu-ray title to play. Once I choose one, it sends it to mpc-hc, which tells me it can't render the file.

The reason is obvious, since the debug log shows it sending a string of gibberish to the external player.

Here's what it's sending:
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : bluray://D%3a%5cMovies%5cIndiana%20Jones%20Trilogy%5cIndiana%20Jones%20and%20the%20Temple%20of%20Doom%20(1984)%5c/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00800.mpls

It's the same if I choose blu-ray menu support just replace mpls with bdmv.

Compare that to what it sends with any other file type:
NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe
NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false)
NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: D:\Movies\The Incredibles (2004)\The Incredibles (2004).mkv

Here's my playercorefactory settings.
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="mpc-hc" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="AllVideo" video="true" player="mpc-hc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Is there something I'm doing wrong here to not have it send the right string? Is this a bug I should report or is it fixed in the nightlies? I've found no mention of it being fixed, just a few people stating it doesn't work.
Does this happen in alpha 7?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Unless you can point me to where alpha 7 can be downloaded, I only know of 6. I'm going to install the latest nightly and see if it's doing the same.

Here's the link I know of for getting the alphas:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/
(2012-11-02, 15:48)corpgator Wrote: Unless you can point me to where alpha 7 can be downloaded, I only know of 6. I'm going to install the latest nightly and see if it's doing the same.

Here's the link I know of for getting the alphas:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/

Alpha 7 just refers to any nightly after the Alpha 6 snapshot...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Just installed latest nightly. Does the exact same thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo can't play blu-rays with external player0