• 16(current)
Solved Update FFMPEG To Support ATSC Closed Captions
dvgeek - care to describe you success with the kodi-15.0a1 idengard and astc cc success. Where does one turn them on? I am using isengard on win7 from tvheadend and have no astc captions I can find.
Found it in two places and you need both.

System-Video must enable parsing captions from the video stream.

Then for the cannel you must enable subtitles.

But it works in X86 build.
these guys found a way to extract teletext subtitles from wtv files
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tsubget/

it works great on danish recordings (DR)

maybe they will share the code
Or https://github.com/petrkutalek/telxcc ?
I just installed Beta 1 of v15 for the ATSC closed captioning (to play my MythTV recordings). As allan87 mentioned, the line-by-line subtitles work great, but any show that has scrolling subtitles (typically live shows, but not always) are pretty broken. Having the text expand from the center in both directions is a pretty big distraction and beyond that the text falls behind the video pretty quickly.

Is there anything being done to fix this for final release? I imagine it's a complex problem so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not, but I thought it important for there to be another voice advocating for a fix. I'd be happy to test any proposed fix or provide sample video with the problem if that would help.

Thanks for the strides you've made so far, it's very much appreciated.
Just to be clear, to get this feature / fix we need to get onto Kodi 15.0 RC1 or higher [ie. the nightlies], right? This has not been backported to the 14.x nightlies or anywhere else?

I am setting up a MythTV setup with Kodi 14.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS [and Kodi on 2-3 client devices too]. I'm running into several issues on the Ubuntu and MythTV side (not related to subtitles) and would prefer to stick with 14.x -- at least for now. Is there a set of libraries and/or config files I could pick up, or something along those lines? I'm wary of moving to 15.x and opening up a new can of worms.
Just my opinion but I was using Mythtv with Centos 7 on my tuner server and mythtv as the client on several pc. I've switched to tvheadend as the tuner server on Centos 7 and kodi-15-rc1 as the client and prefer it.
Thanks boblfoot, but apparently TVheadend works well with DVB tuners but not so much with Cablecard equipment. I have the HD Homerun Prime with cablecard. Per this other thread MythTV is my best or maybe only option. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192522
Hi first time post on here because ive got a android xbmc player its basically a stick and i have kodi on it (along with renegades tv and other stuff) and was wondering how do i enable the closed captioning for live tv (im in the uk if thats relevant at all?) and im not a technological guy so wondered if someone could give me a step by step guide on what to do? Any help would be appreciated if at all possible.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update FFMPEG To Support ATSC Closed Captions2