Locks up overnight xbmcbuntu 11.0 Acer revo 1600
If I leave it running overnight my Acer revo 1600 running xbmcbuntu 11.0 will lock up.

The first couple of times this happened I had a black screen and the IR light on the remote receiver would light up when I pressed a button on the remote.

I thought it was possibly going to sleep and couldn't wake up so I found this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131699

And I added the following to xorg.conf

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "BlankTime" "0"
Option "StandbyTime" "0"
Option "SuspendTime" "0"
Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

I left it running again last night and this morning instead of a black screen there was a frozen image from the screensaver and I don't think the IR light was lightning up.

So I guess it's not a sleep related problem but I'm not sure what it could be.
bump
After using it a little more I see that it will lock up at other times too.
For example, I just started and stopped 3 different videos in a row and it locked up when I tried to start the third one.
Well, I've been doing some more digging and it looks like my only option is to upgrade to nightly build until an official release comes out to resolve these problems.
Upgraded to nightly build and it did not lock up overnight but I clicked to update library and started scrolling through movies and it locked up Sad
Locked up again overnight.

I'm going to relocate the machine to make sure that it is not heat related
even though it's in the same cabinet that I ran it with xbmc Windows 7 for a year or more with no lock ups.
debug log?
I bet XBMC is only locking because he turns his TV off and there's no edid data being sent to xbmc and it craps out because it cant run in headless mode.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locks up overnight xbmcbuntu 11.0 Acer revo 16000