Needing some help

Asrock a75M-ITX
A6 - 3500
4GB Ram
Windows 8 Pro (brand new clean install)
XBMC Frodo Alpha 7
LAN Connection
Server (SMB)

I Just can't seem to get fully smooth playback of my 1080p and 720 MKV's, The playback has been perfectly smoothin the past but i'm now getting what looks like skipping frames or something... that playback is jittery. It's watchable.... but just not enjoyable and niggling me, I've followed alot of the advice on the forums but not got much to change.

I'f done the following
Set 512Mb Shared Ram in Bios
Installed upto date drivers and Catalyst
within Catalyst enabled "Force smooth playback" in and diabled all other quality options

Within xbmc Enable DXVA2 and tried both Render method as DXVA and Software and no difference
Diabled all other video playback options
Made sure that Balanced option is selected Windows power option
Tried Enabled and Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output
Set Audio playback via analog 2.0 (if i set Optical and HDMI very very sturttery playback)
Disabled all the capable receiver options and select DirectSound in XBMC audio output

Any help would be much appreciated.

JJ
Sorted my issue..... for anyone else having similar problems.... here's how...

unlike all the other advice I ended up having to enable ... "adjust display refresh rate to match video" now the glithes / skipping of frames has completely gone... .. one element you might have to do is also go into Catalyst to make sure that under 24hz refresh rate the scaling option are set to 0%

My Panasonic TV has a native refresh rate is 60hz

Obvioulsy had nothing to do with Windows 8 pro in the end.... yeh..... one very happy chappy now....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Less Than Smooth Playback - Windows 8 Pro0