Tv Shows
Hello ,

I'm running windows 8 and xmbx eden

I have a Dir structure like this

x:\TV-Series\Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars\Cajun Pawn Stars - 2x26 - .720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv xmbc does not see them
x:\TV-Series\Season 2\Once Upon a Time\Once Upon a Time (2011) - 2x01 - Broken.mp4 xmbc does not see them

x:\TV-Series\Bar Rescue\Season 1\Bar Rescue - 1x01 - Fallen Angels.avi xmbc can see the tv show

What am I doing wrong , i can't find it drives me nuts
Are you having a laugh??
x:\TV-Series\Cajun Pawn Stars\Season 2
x:\TV-Series\Once Upon a Time\Season 2
(2012-11-10, 19:28)eddiem Wrote: Are you having a laugh??
x:\TV-Series\Cajun Pawn Stars\Season 2
x:\TV-Series\Once Upon a Time\Season 2

Sorry i still don't now what you mean , and my english is not that good
I think he meant this: \Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars\

You have the order backwards. The best layout would be something like: x:\tv series\<tv show name>\<season #>\<filename>

so this:
x:\TV-Series\Cajun Pawn Stars\Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars - 2x26 - .720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv

not this:
x:\TV-Series\Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars\Cajun Pawn Stars - 2x26 - .720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv
Oh Sorry i typed it the wrong way it's like this :

x:\TV-Series\Cajun Pawn Stars\Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars - 2x26 - .720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv xmbc does not see them
x:\TV-Series\Once Upon a TimeSeason 2\Once Upon a Time (2011) - 2x01 - Broken.mp4 xmbc does not see them

x:\TV-Series\Bar Rescue\Season 1\Bar Rescue - 1x01 - Fallen Angels.avi xmbc can see the tv show

(2012-11-10, 20:28)Vaikin Wrote: I think he meant this: \Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars\

You have the order backwards. The best layout would be something like: x:\tv series\<tv show name>\<season #>\<filename>

so this:
x:\TV-Series\Cajun Pawn Stars\Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars - 2x26 - .720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv

not this:
x:\TV-Series\Season 2\Cajun Pawn Stars\Cajun Pawn Stars - 2x26 - .720p.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mkv

If your problem is scanning, then:

1. Have you set content on the TV-Series folder?
2. What options did you choose?
3. Have you scanned?
4. Do the tvshows show up in the library, just no episodes?

Assuming you have gotten to the point that a tvshow is in the library, but perhaps there are no episodes for it, then turn on Debug Log ging, go into TV Show information, and refresh the show (and all episodes). Post the Debug Log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The Tvshows popup in the library only no episodes , where do i post my debug log ?

Regards

(2012-11-10, 23:06)jmarshall Wrote: If your problem is scanning, then:

1. Have you set content on the TV-Series folder?
2. What options did you choose?
3. Have you scanned?
4. Do the tvshows show up in the library, just no episodes?

Assuming you have gotten to the point that a tvshow is in the library, but perhaps there are no episodes for it, then turn on debug log ging, go into TV Show information, and refresh the show (and all episodes). Post the debug log.

You post to xbmclogs.com and pop a link here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have this problem as well, but I only have .mp4 and .avi. I see all the .avi, but none of the .mp4 shows. I will post the log later tonight, but I watch the log as it scanned and the only thing it said was error can't find /.actors for each episode it scanned. I did a tail command while it was scanning to watch it and It did scan every episode.
you could always try using the renamer to make sure your files are named correctly, but a log file would probably help as well, just remember to enable debug logging before grabbing the file.

http://www.therenamer.com/
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
The renamer is something I have used for a year or so now, so that isn't my issue.
I got in late so I didn't post my log, but the next day I thought I fixed it so I was done, until this weekend.

Ok let me set the stage.
I am running Eden and haven't had an issue, up until the time I had my first problem I only had .avi files.
I have a Win 7 machine running XBMC Eden. I have tried the night builds, but always had to go back to Eden, because the nightly builds had a problem playing any Blu-Rays I have.
I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi and set that up, it was at that point when I downloaded my first .mp4 and it was then that I noticed that the Raspberry Pi(Raspbmc) wasn't seeing any of the newer shows I have downloaded(.mp4). I was pretty sure I went out the our main room where I had the Win 7 XBMC and was able see all the new shows, but in hind site I am not sure I did that.
My shows were store in the Public Recordings Folder with in a sub folder of TV Shows.

Anyway at this point I posted above. Since I got home late I didn't post the logs, but the next day I decided to try something different.

I thought that since the shows were in the Public Folder it wasn't asking for permissions at all, maybe that is the problem. I moved all the shows to the non public Videos then created a TV Shows folder. Also a friend suggested I use Ember Media to do the scrapping, so I did. I then re scrapped and everything seemed fine. (I know to many changes, should have done just one)

This weekend I decided to try Beta 3 on my Main Win 7 XBMC, to see if they have fixed the Blu-Ray player issue. Still didn't work, so I decided not to do an upgrade and do a clean install of Beta 3, but still no go. I then decided not to install Eden back over Beta 3, but do a clean install of Eden. Everything is done, I test it by watching a Blu-ray movie and great it works.

Now Sunday I decide to watch a new TV show (on the Win 7 XBMC) and I noticed that a new isn't there even though the file is there. I do an update library and nothing. I then scrape the new shows with Ember Media, but nothing. I decide to delete the media library all together and the create a new one and point it at the shows. Once I did that it saw everything and added it to the library, but the Raspbmc(Raspberry Pi) doesn't see the new shows.

In the latest batch of Downloads, it included .mkv and .mp4.
What this tells me is that it only has a problem with new shows being added to the folder after the original scrap, and it is only .mkv and .mp4 that it has a problem with.

I thought maybe it was my setup, but the one in the main room has been running for over a year now without any problems, and the one in the bedroom( which is running on a different OS) is having the same problem.

The only new thing or change is that these are .mkv and .mp4 where as before I only downloaded .avi
So I did some more testing. Any show I test with that is a .avi XBMC scrap every time. I have been testing more on .mkv and .mp4 and still nothing, never sees it. I then used ember Media Manager to scrap the TV shows and then XBMC will see it.

I have test this for every new episode I get. I scan for new content and XBMC sees nothing. I then launch Ember Media and scrap new episode, then go back to XBMC and scan for new content and it sees it.
Again this is only for .mkv and .mp4
I got it. So what I did was delete my Library, clean out all the folders except for the TV shows and in the root folder I put in Banner.jpg, Fanart.jpg, Poster.jpg, Seasonxx.jpg, Season-all-poster.jpg.
After that I did not let my WD touch the folder and XBMC now sees all the TV shows, and this even work on the Pi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv Shows0