Win Mkv files stuttering in Frodo beta...
Hi all,

I have an issue where any 720p Mk file is stuttering like crazy - almost like system has no resources as pressing menu takes forever to bring up the menu bar.

This has literally just started happening today though. Almost like hardware acceleration is now not on. Have an nvidia card on win 7 with latest drivers.

All the videos play absolutely flawlessly in VLC and have had no problem under xbmc. Very strange.

Any ideas?

I know this can happen with nightlies but its very bizarre.
^^

Yep, same issue currently testing this on my PC and having this issue but AVI seems fine.

System Specifications
Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4Ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
ATI 6970 2GB

this was happening to me as well, many others have reported the same thing, it appears the waspi audio output is hampering some people.

I turned waspi to direct sound and it fixed my video stuttering problem.
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
This is not ideal, and will cause you to lose a lot of a settings... but try renaming your guisettings.xml to something like guisettingsOLD.xml, and then restart xbmc, and setup your audio devices again. I bet the stuttering goes away...

If it doesn't, delete the new guisettings.xml and rename the backup, and you'll have all your settings back.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks all. Seems changing to direct sound has fixed the problem. What is the difference between the two?
(2012-11-22, 22:35)BuhSnarf Wrote: Thanks all. Seems changing to direct sound has fixed the problem. What is the difference between the two?

Can't get HD audio with directsound, I believe. Only WASAPI.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I had the same after upgrading to Frodo Beta, but fiddling a little back and forth with the drivers in windows and in Frodo, the problem went away. Dunno exactly what did the trick, but could be som re-initialization of the drivers or XBMC settings. Stutter free here now Smile
Nvidia Shield 2017
Kodi 20.3
I got it working for me! i originally put it to my SPDIF via WASAPI for both audio output device and passthrough output device.. but i changed both to DirectSound: SPDIF
works like a charm! plus its full surround sound! mkvs work with the directsound, but avis work with the full WASAPI
Thanks thrak76 worked perfect for me.

(2012-11-22, 06:42)thrak76 Wrote: This is not ideal, and will cause you to lose a lot of a settings... but try renaming your guisettings.xml to something like guisettingsOLD.xml, and then restart xbmc, and setup your audio devices again. I bet the stuttering goes away...

If it doesn't, delete the new guisettings.xml and rename the backup, and you'll have all your settings back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mkv files stuttering in Frodo beta...0