Multiple XBMC PVRs working as one?
Is it possible to have more than one XBMC in the house as a PVR such that recorded shows can be scheduled and viewed from any of the machines? My desire is for the family room and man cave to schedule and watch recorded TV shows and appear as one schedule and one set of recorded shows.

If this is possible, I will probably setup the PVR that does the recording on a third machine as a VM so the XBMC's in each of the rooms is for watching only.
Dude, that is so exactly what I wanted to hear. I will install the backend in a VM which will work fine with my HDHR tuners.
(2012-11-24, 04:26)PobjoySpecial Wrote: I believe the recording schedule will be synchronized across clients,

Technically it isn't - there is just the one recording schedule and it's on the backend server - all the front ends then see this same list (running XBMC or other software which can talk to the backend properly).

Quote: The number of shows you can record at once will be limited by the number of tuners installed.

And how fast your hard disk is - with Digital TV tuners you can record multiple services from the same time. I can record BBC ONE, BBC TWO, BBC THREE, BBC FOUR, BBC Parliament, BBC News, and BBC 301 at the same time with just one tuner - however my Laptop hard disk can't keep up with the lot so does have digital artefacts! Alas with a single tuner I can't record BBC ONE and Channel 4 at the same time.

Quote:You can install the back-end software on one of the client boxes to accomplish the same thing

Which is what I do - my main TV handles the recording and viewing on an Acer Revo, I can then view the recordings on my Laptop (running XBMC), Android Smartphone (via TVHGuide connecting to the same TV Headend backend) and Raspberry Pi.

I've used multi tuners in the backend and multi HTPCs with XBMC-PVR. Works as you would expect.

If there's a spare tuner, or there's a tuner on the frequency/mux you want to watch a channel on you can watch it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple XBMC PVRs working as one?0