HP Mini 311 Netbook Nvidia ION LE and Frodo
I'm new to XBMC (and Linux in general) and apologize for any redundant questions here but really would love some help with my installation/configuration.

I downloaded and installed xbmcbuntu-12.00-beta1-repack.iso on my older HP Mini 311. The installation works great locally on the netbook and it seems to be running pretty smoothly. My issues seem small and probably easily resolved but I cannot seem to find a solution.
1. HDMI out. I've configured HDMI audio out and I am not getting any sounds (or Video) whatsoever to go out through the HDMI port. I cannot seem to find ay documentation on how to repair or troubleshoot this problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm assuming this should work easily and maybe I am just missing something? I would expect that the audio/video would be on the local device when the screen is open/active and when closed switch to the HDMI port. I'm probably wrong but would appreciate some feedback.
2. Airplay is not working at all. I've tried playing songs via pandora, local MP3's on my IOS device, playing videos I have taken on my ipad and no joy.
3.Wifi, is there a tutorial on configuring wifi on xbmcbuntu? currently only working on wired connection.

Thank you kindly for any responses...
-Jeff

1. Ok so I figured it out. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will provide the details. In short I had to enable the HDMI port and save the config into the xorg.conf file. This seems to be working well so far.
2. Since I enabled the HDMI port Airplay is working successfully. I can send pictures to the screen, video my kids recorded on my iPad, and music. There is catch though, once I stop playing an MP3 XBMC hangs.
3. Not looked any further into this since I have a hard line going to the HP mini 311 all is working well. I may look at this in the future.

(2012-11-26, 07:37)JeffN1966 Wrote: 1. Ok so I figured it out. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will provide the details. In short I had to enable the HDMI port and save the config into the xorg.conf file. This seems to be working well so far.
2. Since I enabled the HDMI port Airplay is working successfully. I can send pictures to the screen, video my kids recorded on my iPad, and music. There is catch though, once I stop playing an MP3 XBMC hangs.
3. Not looked any further into this since I have a hard line going to the HP mini 311 all is working well. I may look at this in the future.

Hi,

Could you tell me how you got your hdmi port to work. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP Mini 311 Netbook Nvidia ION LE and Frodo0