Linux XBMC FRODO Ubuntu 12.04 Cannot exit xbmc freezes system
Trying XBMC Frodo on my Ubuntu 12.04 system. Instqalls fine. Runs and seems to be working. When I try to exit back to Ubuntu the system hangs. I have to switch into another session and kill xbmc to get back to Desktop.

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a workaround?

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
I tried this today with the same problem. 12.10 though
It sounds to me you guys installed xbmc in your Linux and didn't add proper permission to the user running xbmc.

try.

Code:
sudo usermod --group audio,video,fuse,cdrom,plugdev xbmc
sudo adduser xbmc users

Where xbmc is your username (in my case was xbmc for simplicity since its a dedicated HTPC)

uNi
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1821
Or this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK, so it is now exiting OK, this was after switching to windowed mode and then back to full screen in the settings menu.

Other issues are:

For some reason it sets my DNS to 127.0.0.1 instead of the DNS on my network. And I get duplicat4ed movies when it accesses the mysql DB that the other EDEN XBMC's are using with no problems.

Cheers
Spart

6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
(2012-11-24, 18:00)uNiversal Wrote: It sounds to me you guys installed xbmc in your Linux and didn't add proper permission to the user running xbmc.

try.

Code:
sudo usermod --group audio,video,fuse,cdrom,plugdev xbmc
sudo adduser xbmc users

Where xbmc is your username (in my case was xbmc for simplicity since its a dedicated HTPC)

uNi
Hi thanks for your reply, no it isn't a permissions issue. It became an issue after installing one of the add-ons. It has corrected itself now since the last update.
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC FRODO Ubuntu 12.04 Cannot exit xbmc freezes system0