How does XBMC manage start times for multi-part episodes?
Got a welcome surprise today, finally with the use of an .NFO file I think I managed to kick XBMC into getting the right info from thetvdb.com for Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

As of this time it is broken down into 4 actual webisodes on YouTube, Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3&4, and Episode 5&6. In the XMBC show folder it shows 6 independent entries.

When I started watching a couple minutes of Episode 1x3, I went to about 3.5 minutes, then stopped. I then ran Episode 1x4, and lo and behold it asked me if I wanted to resume watching where I stopped in 1x3.

Wow, neat trick, is there any way to set this manually within XBMC as there was no XBMC-generated .NFO file in the folder, I can only deduce that it's in the database that XBMC maintains. Is there a way to access this manually for other shows where it didn't do it right?

I am more and more impressed by XBMC as I use it more and more.
I don't think it's doing that because it's managing multi-part episodes, but just because it sees that you were watching that file and stopped at that point.
No, I didn't watch till the end, 3&4 was 17 minutes long, I watched about 3 minutes of episode 3, then started 4, and it asked if I wanted to resume at 3 minutes. 3&4 are one file on the drive, but xbmc pulled the info and listed them as seperate parts 3 and 4 in the library.

I was trying Plex a couple weeks ago and had a Clone Wars 2 parter. It also listed them as seperate episodes in the library but started at the beginning of the 2nd part instead of remembering where I stopped in 3. I like XBMC better because it actually was able to tell that it was a continuation in the same file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does XBMC manage start times for multi-part episodes?0