multiple virtual XBMC machines using one pc
just wondering if anybody has ran 2 or more instances of xbmc using 1 pc? I have 3 tv's on the go right now and am looking at some how using 1 pc to run 3 instances of xbmc.
I am after
hdmi only
7.1 sound as 2 of the 3 tv's are using a receiver first then the tv
3d not needed at the moment but I may upgrade soon
keep in mind I want 3 independent xbmc instances using 1 machine
how are all 3 connected to one pc?
it'd be easier to get extenders for 2 tv (~90$/each) and the 3rd tv hosts the htpc

i was thinking something like vmware
Can't you do this with Linux without going virtualised
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
I don't know, I would like to see if anyone has done this and I may mess around with it next weekend. I have almost everything I need minus a few short hdmi cables.
Under Linux you should be able to start 3 xbmc with different users on different displays.

You need to have enough hdmi connectors.

With virtualisation you'll have a less or greater performance loss.
You'll find it impossible to do this without separate supported video cards for each instance of xbmc.

As well Virtualization is not an option as you cannot reliably passthrough multiple graphics card to guest OSes

Unless your very familiar with multiple graphics cards under linux, X11 configuration, and multi-desk setups (I am not this person either!) you'll find yourself in way over your head.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple virtual XBMC machines using one pc0