Req Remove Programs and create a better view for Addons
This could be more of a skin request but I feel Addons are too much hidden away in the Settings menu and Programs are too much stuck on the standard listview navigation where the user has to navigate up and down through a hierarchical structure

I propose the following:
Create a dedicated view for addons with categories running down on the left side (like tabs). replaces Programs:
-First tab/section is called favorites, th rest are categories already seen in System->Addons
-each addon is presented as an icon (not listview) on a 4x3 grid
-rightclick/menu-button on an app shows a menu with the following:
"Configure",
"update",
"Add shortcut to..." where these are the further options: Video, Music etc and Favorites
"uninstall"

In additional to the view there should be considered a dedicated Addon button that can be mapped(similar to info and menu) that takes the user instantly to the new view.
You may want to check out various skins, as some of them already provide a main menu option to access add-ons as well as the ability to create shortcuts for favourites.
Im aware of the possibilites with other skins but i think this should be spearheaded by Confluence, this post was also a Feature Request and not a Help and Support request Smile
I think this is a viable solution, to work with the various addons is always a pita. Especially that the differente categories map to different things is quite confusing. For example: When I am opening programs, all I see is the addons defined as being a "program", video-addons, service-addons, etc. are missing from that view. I always found that to be quite illogical. Since, technically, every addon is a "program" in that sense...

I totally agree with the request since, in my eyes, it makes a lot of sense to have a view where every add-on is bundled and can be started and configured from that same view. It would at least make sense looking at the usability.
(The view of the addons should still be regarded as the users-choice, i.e. if he wants the grid-view, he should set it)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I think boxee has gone the right way with addons (or their version: apps)
http://support.boxee.tv/attachments/toke...e_Apps.png

This is basicly what is requested. a dedicated view for presenting addons as icons with a left menu where categories can be selected.
i like your proposal! Together with this share with option, forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141982, addons can be much more part of the xbmc experience..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove Programs and create a better view for Addons0