Hide the word "Season" from a favorite?
Hi I am wondering is there a way I can remove the word "Season" when I am in season view of a show....if that makes sense....

The season view is accessed via a favorite link from the main menu....(It's like when you click a show and go inside it) I just want it for the one show though....That possible at all?

So basically it would just say the number....e.g. 1, 2, 3 etc

In my case it'll be the year that "season" is in. so like 2004, 2005, 2006...(I manually edit the nfo files....so it's not season 1, season 2 etc

Just looks silly having season 2004 Tongue
I am not sure I understand what your problem is, or what do you want to achieve.
But in your list of favorites, open the context menu (Keyboard C or mouse Rclick) and you surely will find a "Rename" option.
You can have multiple seasons as a flat file within the 'TV show' but the scraper will still scrape for season gfx and on entering XBMC will show named season folders. Saving the ALL-Seasons folder to favourites, then renaming as 'ilomambo' suggests results in this kind of listing. Image

In the root folder, the files look like this..

The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S04E01.In Divine Proportion
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S04E02.In the Guise of Death
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S04E03.The Seed of Cunning
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S04E04.Word of God
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S05E01.Natural Causes
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S05E02.One Guilty Deed
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S05E03.Chinese Walls
The Inspector Lynley Mysteries.S05E04.In The Blink Of An Eye

Hope you get the idea. It makes sense to have season folders if you have multiple amounts of seasons, but the final results through favourites will be the same.

Here is a screen shot, hope it explains...I don't want the word season added in season view...But I want that view...

You can't rename that sort of stuff afaik.

Read post 2 & 3 again... "mark the ALL-Seasons to favourites" rename it in favourites.... look at my example.
Sorry, sort of skimmed over it....that sort of works, the problem is ...then it adds all of them in a list and will take forever to rename! Like.....forever, 1000+ episodes!

I want to just rename the seasons not episodes Sad
If you're a bit of a hacker, after you add them to your favorites, you can open the favourites.xml file with a text editor and perform a search and replace to all seasons.
You can find the xml file under

\users\<user>\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata
(On windows 7 environment)
A very quick way to rename your episodes, is drag & drop easy whole seasons (or even whole TV shows, but less control) at a shot using 'theRenamer' it will name them up properly without the word 'season' in the name... then follow the instructions from post 2 & 3
PatK, not sure you quite understand what I'm after....The files don't contain the word season, that isn't the issue...

The issue is XBMC automatically adding the word season for tv show seasons...it can't help it. No matter what it will always say season.

The problem with that method ilomambo is the fact I don't think I can get all the seasons to be listed in the same sort of view....if you know would you please share?

Like, how would I map it to show all of the seasons to appear...

<favourite name="1" thumb="special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/3/3a259a83.tbn">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://2/2/1/-1/&quotWink</favourite>

Lets assume that's season 1 how would I make a list of favorites? Is that possible? Can smart playlists use favorites?
Woaw!, @pisoj, I don't know how to generate a favourites.xml from scratch.
I just said that if you use the method PatK suggested about adding them all to favorites, then you can open the favorites file afterwords and edit out the word "season" as you wanted. You would have to do that each time you add new episodes to favourites.

Now to clarify to you what PatK said: In every TV Show you see a folder for each season, but the first folder in the list says "ALL seasons" there you see all episodes flat. There you have all season in the same view. You now need to go one by one and add them to favorites. This can be tedious, but you can probably bind "Add to favorites" to a shortcut key.
I don't know what's the command for it, but your personal keyboard.xml is in your userdata area too under folder "keymaps" (for adding shortcuts you can search the forum and will find many guides and explanations)
The problem with that method is it will put them all in one list. I still want the separate lol.

I still want them to be separated by season view. I feel no one is really understanding what I want...This is what i'm trying to do.....

Unless you want to start coding this is what you get. Either at skin level or at XBMC source level something will need to change code wise to do what you want EXACTLY. One of the two surely will do what you want, since the alternatives (which have been kindly provided to you) are unsuitable for you.

Personally I dont mind the default behaviour because it is both correct from a online database and visual standpoints and I dont see this being anything else but a personal MOD either to skin or source code.

Good luck

uNi
Looks like it will stick then. I guess I'll live. Thanks for the support anyway. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide the word "Season" from a favorite?0