xbmc disconnects xbox360 extender
Hi Folks:

I am newb with xbmc so I am having some setup issues. My goal here is to use xbmc through my xbox 360 (windows media center). I have successfully installed xbmc on my laptop - no problem. I ran the utility script to integrate xbmc with windows media center. So now, when I open Windows media center on my laptop I have an option for xbmc and I can successfully open it when i click the option. Now I configure my xbox 360 to talk to my laptop by installing an "extender" on the laptop. Now, when I bring up windows media center on my xbox 360 I have the xbmc option in my list. I can navigate windows media center from the xbox 360 interface without an issue (thoough it is a bit sluggish). The problem is everytime I click the xbmc option from within the xbox360 console the extender disconnects on my laptop and the message I get is "set up but not available". On my tv screen it says " my xbox360 was disconnected from the windows media center pc. make sure the pc is running and try to reconnect. would you like to reconnect?" This just repeats everytime i try to reconnect

Does anyone know how to make this work? I tried uninstalling / reinstalling the extender. I've tried wireless and plugged in. All network tests from within the xbox 360 seem to go ok It seems to be ONLY when I click the xbmc option where I see the disconnect occur I am running windows 7 and xbmc version 11.0

Any advice / tips / tricks would be most appreciated

Thanks
That extender wasn't made for XBMC but for WMC...
What he's saying is the extender for Xbox isn't any kind of remote desktop where you can use any functions on the computer. The extender is solely for WMC and its capabilities. The XBMC integration into WMC is solely to run XBMC from there, it's still a separate application that closes down WMC and opens XBMC instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc disconnects xbox360 extender0