Integrated Library sharing
With the popularity of XBMC growing rapidly, the fact that its supported on almost every platform, including mobile devices now, almost everyone who runs xbmc has multiple instances of it. I know you can share the library with mysql database, but thats cumbersome and has a few issues. Why has this not been built into the final product as a supported feature yet? IT would encourage even more people to use it over other products and make the multi room experience that much better.

I Love XBMC, and can't wait to see whats coming next, I just think this is a feature that is long over due.

You can already use UPnP to share your library from XBMC to XBMC or to any other UPnP client.

The only thing it doesn't really do at this point is correctly transfer watched/playcount information back to the server. Though someone could possibly write a python service script to achieve this perhaps (wait on the watched status change on the client, connect to the server via JSON-RPC and update it).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142877

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated Library sharing0