Movies Library not updating
Hi,

I've been running xbmc for a while now and regularly add new content to my TV Show and Movie libraries but not today it seems. I've added 8 new movies to my movies directory on my NAS but only one of them seems to show up in my library. Multiple TV Show episodes have been added ok today. I haven't edited any sources in xbmc. I've tried using the 'Update library' function a few times but no luck with the remaining movies. I've double checked the folder names of the new movies and the name of the movie file with IMDB (my movie scrapper) to make sure they are correct. I have each of my 600+ movies in their own folders for example 'Ted (2012)', each folder contains the movie file, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg and movie.nfo and this system has always worked for me up until now. All of my movies added to the library before today play as normal. I thought I'd try to remove an existing movie and use the 'Update library' to add it in again to see if that worked. I successfully removed a movie from my library but now it won't add the old movie back in when I use the 'Update library' function Sad I've even tried cleaning my library and running it again but no luck.

I've restarted my pc and xbmc several times without any luck. I'm running win7 with xbmc 11.0 and have a mapped drive which reads the movies from my qnap nas. When I browse the mapped drive on the desktop I can clearly see the new movies and play them outside of xbmc. I just don't understand why all of a sudden xbmc will only see one of my new movies? Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Jagermikester

IMDB made changes yesterday that broke the scraper. Switch to TMDB scraper, or wait for an update to the scraper (could be a while).

Someone might want to sticky one of these threads and/or make a quick note on the main blog page before this turns into another weather type scenario with 800 posts about this problem.
(2012-11-30, 02:07)j114 Wrote: IMDB made changes yesterday that broke the scraper. Switch to TMDB scraper, or wait for an update to the scraper (could be a while).

Someone might want to sticky one of these threads and/or make a quick note on the main blog page before this turns into another weather type scenario with 800 posts about this problem.

IMDb is not the default movie scraper used by xbmc (TMDB is) so it's not the same as with the broken default weather addon right before Eden. Otherwise we'd have to post about every scraper breakage on the blog.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ahh yes, good point. I forget that XBMC only comes with TMDB out of the box.
I've changed my movie scrapper to TMDB and it's picked up the new movies ok. Thanks for your help j114 & Montellese Big Grin
Universal Scraper works and scrapes from IMDb (amongst many other sites)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Library not updating1