AsRock Instant Boot
This may be old news to a lot of people but new to me. I did a quick search and couldn't see any previous posts about it so ..... I downloaded the AsRock Instant Boot software and installed it on my Vision 3D. Wow! no more BIOS window, no more Windows 7 start-up screens, in fact 4 seconds and XBMC up and running! ( they say 3 seconds but I only got 4). It can apparently be adapted to non AsRock boards - worth a look
Or not, you need Windows installed for that (some of us dont know what Windows is, except that those things on houses with glass and a frame, and at that instant boot is a suspend rip-off at best... er not at best it is a suspend S3/S4 total rip-off and waste of extra install space. though it may bypass some screens, idk, dont use windows.

According to this http://www.asrock.com/feature/instantboot/index.asp its suspend with a fancy UI.

uNi

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_wsgi/2.5 Python/2.5.2 Server at forum.xbmc.org Port 80
Well that was an interesting response, not sure it it was sarcasm or not. Yes, sorry for using windows, maybe I'm not clever enough to any other system. Suspend with a fancy interface? maybe (not sure what that means either); but it makes opening my HTPC look less like a computer
(2012-12-03, 05:02)pan2 Wrote: Well that was an interesting response, not sure it it was sarcasm or not. Yes, sorry for using windows, maybe I'm not clever enough to any other system. Suspend with a fancy interface? maybe (not sure what that means either); but it makes opening my HTPC look less like a computer
Whatever make you feel good about your HTPC....that is all it matter.....I used to use AsRock Instant Boot too, and I never use anything other than Windows.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray,

Do you recommend Instant Boot?

I just heard about it recently, but the feedback I found online wasn't stellar.

I'd love to hear your opinion -- as I trust it from all your Hardware posts

( :

Owen
(2012-12-03, 06:10)newoski Wrote: bluray,

Do you recommend Instant Boot?

I just heard about it recently, but the feedback I found online wasn't stellar.

I'd love to hear your opinion -- as I trust it from all your Hardware posts

( :

Owen
I didn't mind using it...and it worked fine in my former AsRock HTPC....

You can give it a try. If you don't like it, you can un-install it....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Isn't it just suspending and not actually booting?
(2012-12-03, 22:54)Ned Scott Wrote: Isn't it just suspending and not actually booting?

Seems to be... sort of.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/14/asroc...4-seconds/

In the end I uninstalled it. Just seemed to be a bit buggy. Chose to use hibernation instead. At least it stops the whole AsRock Boot image thing from happening Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AsRock Instant Boot0